THE LIST: Turtle River ... Beer Fest ... French Festival ... etc.
Fun at Turtle River - Saturday near Arvilla, N.D.: Turtle River State Park near Arvilla will celebrate its 75th anniversary Saturday with free daily vehicle passes for visitors. A Kids Parade will begin at 11 a.m. at the CCC Memorial Shelter. Fro...
Fun at Turtle River
- Saturday near Arvilla, N.D.: Turtle River State Park near Arvilla will celebrate its 75th anniversary Saturday with free daily vehicle passes for visitors. A Kids Parade will begin at 11 a.m. at the CCC Memorial Shelter. From noon to 2, there will be a party with games and a cake and ice-cream social at the shelter. The amphitheater program at 8 p.m. will feature "Turtle River State Park's Journey Through Time." At 9 p.m., the best-decorated camp site awards will be handed out followed by a campfire sing-a-long. Info: (701) 594-4445.
Camping reservations:(800) 807-4723; www.parkrec.nd.gov/ .
- Aug. 29 at the Alerus Center: Happy Harry's Bottle Shops will sponsor the first-ever Beer Fest on Aug. 29 outside the Alerus Center, Grand Forks. More than 200 varieties of domestic and imported beer from 30 breweries will be available for tasting from 3 to 7 p.m. The first 2,000 people get a free T-shirt. Enjoy beer gardens and food from Cloverdale meats. Live music: The Roosters and Whiskey Vaccine, 3 to 7 p.m. Dance to: Identity 5 and Carmen the Cactus. Admission: $10; you must be 21 or older.
- Beginning today near Huot, Minn.: The Chautauqua and French Festival at Old Crossing and Treaty Park near Huot, Minn., begins today and runs through Sunday with events beginning about 11 a.m. each day. The park is nine miles southwest of Red Lake Falls, Minn., or seven miles northeast of Gentilly, Minn., on Polk County Road 11. Admission is free. Saturday events: L'Angelus, 1 p.m.; "La Verendrye" story by Tracy Potter, 2 p.m.; local history by Virgil Benoit, 3 p.m.; Mass at the shrine, 5 p.m.; supper, 6 p.m.; dance at the Spot to L'Angelus, Red Lake Falls. Sunday events: Food tent opens, 11 a.m.; L'Angelus, 1 p.m.; "La Verendrye" story, 2 p.m.; Mounted posse, 3 p.m.; Local history, 3:30 p.m.; Final batch of bread, 4:15 p.m.
- Saturday in Grand Forks: The Town Square Farmers Market will continue from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in Grand Forks. Entertainment: The Diers, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Theme: Dog Days of Summer; (218) 779-1382.
- At Grand Forks Public Library: The schedule for the READ program for the 2009-10 school year will be every first, second and third Saturday from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. in the Grand Forks Public Library children's area. Sign-up sheets are in the library, or call (701) 772-8116 to make an appointment to read to service dogs.
- Saturday and Sunday in Bismarck: The Bismarck English Riders will host an English horse show Saturday and Sunday at the Walt Neuens Memorial Horse Park in south Bismarck beginning at 9 a.m. both days. Info: (701) 471-2363; firstname.lastname@example.org .