THE LIST: Tonight through Saturday at the Fire Hall...more
'A Christmas Carol' - Tonight through Saturday at the Fire Hall: The final performances of "A Christmas Carol" presented by Greater Grand Forks Community Theatre will be at 7:30 tonight, Friday and Saturday at Fire Hall Theatre, Grand Forks. The ...
'A Christmas Carol'
- Tonight through Saturday at the Fire Hall: The final performances of "A Christmas Carol" presented by Greater Grand Forks Community Theatre will be at 7:30 tonight, Friday and Saturday at Fire Hall Theatre, Grand Forks. The adaptation by Christopher Schario tells a faithful story of the miserly Scrooge and the three spirits of Christmas who change his life in 45 minutes with no intermission. Cast: Lana Demars, Amy Driscoll, Sarah Konschak, Casey Pearson, Patrick Pearson, Frank Sikich, Linnea Taylor, Oliver Wolfe, Emily Wirkus. Violinist: Jenna Muiderman. Director: Jared Kinney. Tickets: $15; senior citizens, students and active military, $12. Groups of 12 or more, $10. Call (701) 777-4090 for reservations.
- Friday at the Empire: The LISTEN Drop-In Center and SAS Performing for Change will present "A Time Travel ... Something For Everyone" at 7 p.m. Friday at Empire Arts Center. Tickets: Available at the door.
Christmas in the Park
- Tonight through Dec. 31 in Grand Forks: The Grand Forks Lions 10th annual Christmas in the Park runs tonight through Dec. 30 from 5:30 to 10 p.m. and on New Year's Eve from 5:30 p.m. to midnight. The scenic drive-through of 48 lighted displays is on Lincoln Drive Park, off Belmont Road and 13th Avenue South. Admission: Cars, $5; limos, $10; buses, $20. Proceeds go to Lions Club charities. Prizes: Visitors can register for prizes, including an Xbox 360.
Sanders Family Christmas
- Friday through Dec. 22 in New Rockford, N.D.: The Opera House at New Rockford will present "Sanders Family Christmas: More Smoke on the Mountain" at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and at 2:30 and 5:30 p.m. Sunday at the Old Church Theatre, 529 Central Ave., New Rockford. This sequel to "Smoke on the Mountain" features hilarious yuletide stories and sing-along bluegrass Christmas favorites. Tickets: www.dprca.com; (701) 9472174.
- Friday in Mahnomen, Minn.: Tanya Tucker, a country music star since her hit "Delta Dawn" when she was 13, will perform at 8 p.m. Friday at Shooting Star Casino at Mahnomen. Her hits include "What's Your Mama's Name?," "Lizzie and the Rainman" and "Strong Enough to Bend." Tickets: $15, $25, $35; (800) 313-7469.
- Saturday at Amazing Grains: An artist's reception for Dyan Rey and her exhibit in the Amazing Grains gallery will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Amazing Grains, 214 Demers Ave., Grand Forks. Rey is an instructor at Northland College who has a studio and gallery in downtown Grand Forks and has exhibited locally and nationally. Info: www.dyanrey.com .
- Saturday at Grand Forks Public Library: Chris Martin, author of "n-Space: Stories, Poems and Music from the Future," will visit Grand Forks Public Library at 2 p.m. Saturday for a book reading and signing. Info: (701) 772-8116.
- Saturday at Park River Bible Camp: The Anoka High School Chamber Orchestra and Seventh Avenue Carolers will present a Christmas concert at 5 p.m. Saturday at the Park River Bible Camp Chapel, Park River, N.D. Admission: Freewill offering for the Park River Bible Camp ministry.
- Saturday at Red Lake, Minn.: The Frontmen, lead singers Larry Stewart of Restless Heart, Richie McDonald of LoneStar and Tim Rushlow of Little Texas, will perform at 8 p.m. Saturday at Seven Clans Casino, Red Lake. The three have sold more than 30 million records and have sung 30 No. 1 hits. Tickets: $35, $30; available at www.sevvenclanscasino.com .
Crazy White Boys
- Saturday at Dakota Magic Casino: The Crazy White Boys Tour, featuring country singers Mark Wills and Mark Chestnutt, will be on stage at 8 p.m. Saturday at Dakota Magic Casino, Hankinson, N.D. Wills' hits include "19 Something," "Wish You Were Here" and "Looking for America." Chestnutt is known for country classics such as "Bubba Shot the Jukebox" and "Too Cold at Home." Tickets: (701) 634-3040.