THE LIST: 'Rainmaker' ... Cavalier art ... etc.
'Rainmaker' - Opening Thursday in Warroad, Minn.: Warroad Summer Theater will present "The Rainmaker" opening at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Warroad High School. Additional shows: 7:30 p.m. July 10-11; 2 p.m. July 12; 7:30 p.m. July 16-18. Cast: Robert...
- Opening Thursday in Warroad, Minn.: Warroad Summer Theater will present "The Rainmaker" opening at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Warroad High School. Additional shows: 7:30 p.m. July 10-11; 2 p.m. July 12; 7:30 p.m. July 16-18. Cast: Robert Baril, Laura Phillipe larson, Mike Mattocks, Tony Munsterman, Joe Olson, Anthony Quinn, Matt Stein. Artistic director: Ben Johnston. Tickets: Adults, $7.50; 60 and older and 12 and younger, $5.50. Reservations: (218) 386-3435.
- July 24 in Cavalier, N.D.: Cavalier's fourth annual Music/Art in the Park will be from 5 to 9 p.m. July 24 in the Cavalier City Park. The Talent Show will be from 6 to 8 p.m. The event will feature a flea market, caricature artist, food vendors and games for kids. Bring a lawn chair and umbrella.
- July 18-19 in Bemidji: The 42nd annual Art in the Park fine arts and crafts festival in Bemidji will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 18 and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 19 on Lake Bemidji in Library Park. It will feature the Centennial Celebration of the Carnegie Building with two performances by the In the Heart of the Beast Puppet and Mask Theatre at 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Info: www.bcac.wordpress.com; (218) 444-7570.
- July 10-18 in West Fargo: The Red River Valley Fair will have an entertainment lineup featuring the Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show performing three times daily all nine days of the fair. Other show: Kidz Jam, music and interactive games, one show daily, and History of Harley Davidson, with more than 40 Harleys dating back to 1903, on exhibit all nine days from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Info: (701) 282.2200.
- July 17 in West Fargo: Rock Band, a competition presented by Power Play DJ, will be from 4 to 6 p.m. July 17 at the Morton Building at the Red River Valley Fair in West Fargo. Fargo-Moorhead area youth can participate in Rock Band and Guitar Hero. Sign up at the Web site, www.redrivervalleyfair.com , or sign up the day of the event. Be early to register. Info: www.redrivervalleyfair.com; (701) 282.2200.
- Opening July 23 in Stepben, Minn.: The Stephen Arts Council will present the musical "Godspell," based on the Gospel according directed to St. Matthew, at 7 p.m. July 23-25 in the Stephen Community Arts Center. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. About the show: It features songs such as "Day By Day" and "Prepare Ye The Way Of The Lord." The parables of Jesus Christ come to life in theatrical traditions such as clowning, pantomime, charades, acrobatics and vaudeville. Cast: Dylan Bergeron, Tami Boychuk, Brad Cook, Andrew Dziengel, Mary Efta, Debi Jensen, Moriah Nelson, Beth Radeke, Ryan Rynda, Kathy Wolling. Director/choreographer: Debi Jensen. Tickets: $10; available at the door. Grant support: From the Minnesota State Arts board, Minnesota Legislature.
- Aug. 22-23 in Bismarck: The Bismarck English Riders will host an English horse show Aug. 22-23 at the Walt Neuens Memorial Horse Park in south Bismarck. The show will begin at 9 a.m. both days, with dressage on Saturday and hunter-jumper on Sunday. Anne Cizadlo, a licensed U.S. Dressage Federation "R" judge, will judge the show and offer a one-day clinic. Info: (701) 471-2363; email@example.com .
- July 16 in Winnipeg: The Winnipeg Art Gallery will present its third concert of its summer Jazz on the Rooftop series on July 16 featuring the Michelle Grégoire/Dave Lawton Quintet. Doors open at 6 p.m. with a barbecue at 7 p.m. and the concert at 7:30 p.m. Ticket info and more: wag.mb.ca.