THE LIST: Opening tonight ... Story Slam ... more
Opening tonight - 'Guys and Dolls' at Fort Totten: The musical "Guys and Dolls" will open its 16-show run at 7:30 tonight in Fort Totten Little Theatre at the Fort Totten (N.D.) Historic Site 13 miles south of Devils Lake on state Highway 57. Sho...
- 'Guys and Dolls' at Fort Totten: The musical "Guys and Dolls" will open its 16-show run at 7:30 tonight in Fort Totten Little Theatre at the Fort Totten (N.D.) Historic Site 13 miles south of Devils Lake on state Highway 57. Shows at 7:30 p.m.: Thursday and Saturday; also July 14-15, 17, 21-22, 24, 28-29 and 31. Shows at 2 p.m.: Sunday; also July 18 and 25, Aug. 1. Cast: Fern Beaver, Mary Chattin, Jamie Desai, Kaaren Duren, Michael Eback, Peter Foss, Evan Halbach, Russ Jackson, Rich Johnson, Anna Lewing, Amanda Luethy, Joe Peterson, Rachel Ramirez, Alyssa Starke, Darren Sheldon, Director: Julia Porter. Musical director: Stef Keller. Choreography: Miki Noltmier. Tickets: $18; see the box office at Liquid Bean, downtown Devils Lake, or call (701) 662-8888. Dinner theater: $43, available before 7:30 performances. Reservations required.
- Today in Grand Forks: Ferguson Books & Media in the Menard's strip mall will host Story Slam at 6:30 tonight. Young writers will compete for prizes and opportunities in stories, poems, songs and skits. Info: (701) 738-8025.
- Opening tonight in Bemidji: "Bram Stoker's Dracula," the story of Count Dracula as he begins to exert his will upon London, will open at 8 tonight and run through Saturday and a 2 p.m. Sunday matinee at Chief Theatre, Bemidji. Additional shows: 7:30 p.m. July 14-17. The show is rated PG-13 for violent images. Cast: Aric Furfaro, Emma Gochberg, Matthew Goinz, Jessie Ladig, Ryan Parker Knox, Patricia Martin, Joseph Papke, Jim Pounds, Matt Sciple, Katherine Tieben, Tickets: Adults, $22; $18, groups of more than 10; $11, Sunday matinee. Call (218) 751-7270.
- High school student workshop: Muddy Waters Clay Center in Grand Forks is looking for high school students to attend a two-week Summer High School Pottery Workshop from noon to 4 p.m. on July 12-16, July 19-22 and July 26. It's for students who will attend grades 9 to 12 in the fall, and it will teach hand-building, throwing on the potter's wheel and general pottery fundamentals. Fee: $150; each student will receive a $50 scholarship; $100 is due by July 9. Instructor: Karla Nelson, who graduated with a bachelor's degree in art from UND. She has 10-plus years experience with pottery, teaches art to elementary students through the Artist-in-the-Classroom Program in Grand Forks Public Schools, and teaches at Muddy Waters Clay Center. She teaches painting through Olli and the GFPS Continuing Adult Education program. Registration form: Contact Nelson at (218) 791-3664. This program is supported by: City of Grand Forks Arts Re-grant Program, North Valley Arts Council. Info: www.muddy
- Opening tonight in Roseau, Minn.: The musical "Godspell" will open at 7:30 tonight with shows through Saturday plus a 2 p.m. show Sunday in Roseau School theater. Cast: Tony Baker, Jon Dahl, Amanda Fredrickson, Sue Greenhoe, Sophie Helgeson, Maggie Kramer, Sara Kraus, Kyrsten Nelson, Peter Nygen, Antonia Perez, Christine Prusak, Christina Sizemore, Tanner Warne, Zach Wenzel. Rock band/orchestra: Jayan Baker, Tyler Brunell, Nolan Hauta, Jake Johnson, Bob Wenzel and Pam Wenzel. Admission: $10.
- Opening Friday in Drayton, N.D.: "Bound for Blessing," a theatrical production taken from the Red River of the North novels by Lauraine Snelling, will be performed at 7 p.m. Friday and July 15 and 2 p.m. Sunday and July 18 at the high school gym in Drayton. Reservations: Send $10 per ticket to: Treasurer, Ox Cart Trails Historical Society, Box 213, Drayton, N.D., 58225. Indicate performance date and number of guests. You can pick up your tickets at the door. Wheelchair accommodations are available upon request. Questions: (701) 4546103, president@