THE LIST: 'N.D. ornament' ... 'Dew from Lillies' ... 'Tarot and more' .. etc.
N.D. ornament - Special edition: The North Dakota Council on the Arts announces its fourth annual special edition ornament, now available for purchase, created by Sue Jacobson, owner and operator of Sue's Originals & More in Bottineau, N.D. (...
- Special edition: The North Dakota Council on the Arts announces its fourth annual special edition ornament, now available for purchase, created by Sue Jacobson, owner and operator of Sue's Originals & More in Bottineau, N.D. (Sue's Originals will be one of the 120-plus vendors at the Pride of Dakota Showcase Saturday and Sunday at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks.) The one-of-a-kind, porcelain ornament is available for $25 plus tax (includes gift box, shipping additional). Proceeds will benefit the North Dakota Cultural Endowment Fund. Info: www.nd.gov/arts/whatsnew/10Special-Edition-Ornament.html . To purchase a special edition ornament: (701) 328-7590.
'Dew from Lilies'
- Tonight at Fire Hall: "Shaking the Dew from the Lilies," about five women trapped overnight in a mall bathroom, will open at 7:30 tonight at Fire Hall Theatre, Grand Forks, with performances continuing through Nov. 20. For opening night, there will be free slices of "better than sex" cake and dancing lessons by belly dancers Tami Carmichael and Ekaterina Bryleva, beginning at 6:45 p.m. Additional show times: 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, also Nov. 11-13 and Nov. 18-20; matinees at 2 p.m. Nov. 7 and 14. Note: This show contains strong sexual language and is for mature audiences. Friday and Saturday shows: Come at 7 p.m. for "The Cause is Right." Audience members will use their consumer knowledge to compete for prizes. A portion of ticket sales will go to Community Violence Intervention Center, Filling the Gap and "Movember" Men's Health Awareness Month. "Undie" Sunday matinees: Bring new packaged underwear, receive a $1 discount on regular price tickets. Collected items will go to area shelters.
Tarot & more
- Friday and Saturday at UND Bookstore: Tarot readers from 12 Houses will do 10-minute readings for $8 each from 8 to 10 p.m. Friday at UND Bookstore. Saturday: Natasha Thomas will hold a drum circle in the bookstore starting at 7:30 pm. Info: (701) 777-2747.
- Sunday in Fargo: The music of Lawrence Welk will come alive at 1 p.m. Sunday in the Crystal Ballroom, Ramada Inn and Suites, Fargo, in an event sponsored by Prairie Public television. The Jazz Arts Big Band and special guests will perform the music of North Dakota's favorite son, and guests can dance to his music. Guests: Former first lady Nancy Jones Schafer playing Welk's accordion; Martha Keeler Olsen; Kathie Brekke and her family Lynette Guida, Melissa Johnson and Sarah Miller; Merrill Piepkorn; David Ferreira; Sam Mack; and former WDAY weatherman Jack Sand as emcee. Welk memorabilia will also be on display. Tickets: A champagne brunch will be available with tickets sold in advance for $20. Concert tickets are $25. Call (218) 236-0421.
- Nov. 8-12 at Campbell Library: Donations of books will be accepted from Nov. 8-12 at East Grand Forks Campbell Library for the Friends of the Library Book Sale, scheduled for 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 13 at the library. If you can help with sorting or sales, call (218) 773-9121.
'Bye Bye Birdie'
- Nov. 18-20 at Grafton: Grafton High School will present "Bye Bye Birdie" the musical at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 18-20 in the auditorium. Tickets: Adults, $7; senior citizens, preschool, grades K-12, $6. Reservations available via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org , or call tickets box office, (701) 352-0018.