THE LIST: 'Fur' ... 'Christmas Carol'... 'Into the Woods'
'Fur' - Tonight at UND: The Global Visions Film Series will present "Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus" at 7 tonight at the UND Memorial Union Lecture Bowl. With: Nicole Kidman, Robert Downey Jr.; director, Steven Shainberg; (2:02), rated...
- Tonight at UND: The Global Visions Film Series will present "Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus" at 7 tonight at the UND Memorial Union Lecture Bowl. With: Nicole Kidman, Robert Downey Jr.; director, Steven Shainberg; (2:02), rated R for graphic nudity, some sexuality and language. Suggested admission: $1 donation. Sponsor: UND Department of Anthropology.
- Opening tonight at Fire Hall: Greater Grand Forks Community Theatre will present "A Christmas Carol," adapted by Christopher Schario, opening at 7:30 tonight through Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday and 7:30 p.m. Dec. 14-17 at Fire Hall Theatre, Grand Forks. Cast: Lana Demars, Amy Driscoll, Sarah Konschak, Casey Pearson, Patrick Pearson, Frank Sikich, Linnea Taylor, Oliver Wolfe, Emily Wirkus. Violinist: Jenna Muiderman. Director: Jared Kinney. Tickets: $15; senior citizens, students and active military, $12. Groups of 12 or more, $10. Call (701) 777-4090 for reservations. About the show: This adaptation runs about 45 minutes with no intermission and is suitable for families.
'Into the Woods'
- Thursday through Saturday at the Empire: Grand Forks Central High School department of fine arts will present the musical "Into the Woods" at 7 p.m. Thursday through Saturday at Empire Arts Center, Grand Forks. Cast: Brianna Becks, Leah Biberdorf, Haley Bratvold, Ben Breidenbach, Mike Cornell, Erin Cox, Beau Cummings, Francesca Curran, Joe Frech, Ashley Green, Alec Hepper, Rachel Iiams, Joe Kalka, Ryan King, Ivy McGurran, Mike McGurran, Michael Colenso, Brenna Peterson, Cathleen Pollot, Lynneah Thompson, Dani Thorpe, Juliet Wolfe. Chorus: Jon Gaul, Johnny McWilliams, RJ Morin, Matt Stavens. Student directors: Ashley Green, Emily Rogne. Directors: Paul Barta, Geoff Mercer. Orchestra: Maddie Comeau, Shelby Degelder, Cassel Everson, Marissa Lind, Lucas Moen, Marlys Murphy, John Penman, Kecia Peters, Jeff Seabloom, Jacy Thibert. Conductor: Geoff Mercer. Tickets: Adults, $6; students/senior citizens, $3; call (701) 746-5500.
- Opening Thursday in Grand Forks: Santa and his elves will open Santa Village Workshop on Thursday at the Lincoln Golf Course Clubhouse off Belmont Road at 250 Elks Drive, Grand Forks. Sponsored by the Grand Forks Park District, Santa Village will offer crafts, games, reading with the elves and Mrs. Claus, music, sleight rides, cocoa and cookies. Admission: A nonperishable food item for local food pantry, a new toy or cash donation for Toys for Tots. Open today and Friday: 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; sleigh rides, 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday: Noon to 6 p.m., sleigh rides 1 to 5 p.m. Dec. 15-18: 4 to 8 p.m. Dec. 15-16; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Dec. 17; noon to 6 p.m. Dec. 18; sleigh rides 1 to 5 p.m. Dec. 17-18. Other openings/to book a holiday party: Contact Lynne Roche, (701) 746-2750. Available for parties through Feb. 1.
- Thursday at East Grand Forks Campbell Library: Santa Claus will visit East Grand Forks Campbell Library from 5 to 7 p.m. to listen to wish lists and hand out treats. Parents can bring their cameras to take photos of little ones with Santa. The Northern Red River Valley Doll Club and the Northern Lights Railroad Museum will have displays at the library. Info: (218) 773-9121.
Missile site tours
- Dec. 17 near Cooperstown, N.D.: The Ronald Reagan Minuteman Missile State Historic Site near Cooperstown is offering the first of three tours of the Oscar-Zero Missile Alert Facility. On Dec. 17, former U.S. Air Force Missile Combat Crew Commander and current Site Supervisor Mark Sundlov and guest tour guide Tom Perdue will go deep into the working operations of a Missile Alert Facility. Additional tours, with different guests, will be scheduled for January and February. Tours, from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., will be followed by lunch at Griggs County Museum in Cooperstown, home of the Northern Plains Cold War Interpretive Center. To register for Dec. 17 tour: Guests (limit: 10) must register and pay by Dec. 14. Call (701) 797-3691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Fee: $35, cash or checks must be directed to the Friends of Oscar-Zero.