New books at the GF Public Libary, EGF Campbell Library
East Grand Forks Campbell Library - "The Narcissism Epidemic: Living in the Age of Entitlement," Jean M. Twenge, Free Press, 352 pages. A window into the consequences of narcissism, an analysis of culture at large and a prescription to combat pro...
East Grand Forks Campbell Library
- "The Narcissism Epidemic: Living in the Age of Entitlement," Jean M. Twenge, Free Press, 352 pages. A window into the consequences of narcissism, an analysis of culture at large and a prescription to combat problems of narcissism.
- "The Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire," Brenda Lange, Chelsea House Publications, 112 pages. Reading level: ages 9 to 12. An investigation of the March 25, 1911, fire in which 146 young women died in the worst workplace disaster in U.S. history.
- "Our Daily Meds," Melody Peterson, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 448 pages. How the pharmaceutical companies transformed themselves into slick marketing machines and hooked the nation on prescription drugs.
- "Growing Up on the Spectrum: A Guide to Life, Love, and Learning for Teens and Young Adults with Autism and Asperger's," Lynn Kern Koegel and Claire LaZebnik, Viking Adult, 400 pages. Effective interventions and strategies to help older children while celebrating their desire to become independent and successful.
- "U.S. Border Control," Crystal D. Mccage, Referencepoint Press, 104 pages. Reading level: young adults. Addresses the impediments of effective border control, the minuteman volunteers and policies guiding the future of the border control.
Grand Forks Public Library
- "All My Patients Have Tales: Why Veterinary Medicine Is a True Calling," Jeff Wells, 204 pages. An engaging collection of a veterinarian's experiences on the job.
- "The Fires of Vesuvius: Pompeii Lost and Found," Mary Beard, Belknap Press of Harvard Uniersity, 384 pages. Explores in fascinating detail the city of Pompeii, which was destroyed by volcanic eruption.
- "1969: The Year Everything Changed," Rob Kirkpatrick, Skyhorse Publishing, 320 pages. A comprehensive history chronicling the generation-defining events of this important year.
- "Declassified: 50 Top-Secret Documents That Changed History," Thomas B. Allen, National Geographic, 320 pages. An intriguing history and glimpse into the world of espionage.
- "Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body," Jillian Michaels and Mariska van Aalst, Crown, 288 pages. Provides a simple three-phase plan to naturally balance your hormones for a healthier body.