First Friday Art Walk to be held in Bemidji Aug. 5
First Friday Art Walk Aug. 5 in Bemidji Here's information for the First Friday Art Walk Aug. 5 in Bemidji. - Bemidji Community Art Center will not host an open house because of the Lake Bemidji Dragon Boat Festival Parade of Teams at 6:30 p.m. F...
First Friday Art Walk Aug. 5 in Bemidji
Here's information for the First Friday Art Walk Aug. 5 in Bemidji.
- Bemidji Community Art Center will not host an open house because of the Lake Bemidji Dragon Boat Festival Parade of Teams at 6:30 p.m. Friday. However, during August it will continue "A Creative Partnership," an exhibit by artists John Kolb and Linda Acklund Kolb and "Walking Behind Bemidji" with photographer Sean McCroy. Info: (218) 444-7570.
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts will host the opening of the Melissa Burness exhibit "Tropical Tranquility," a collection of photo art from a trip to Hawaii, from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday. Info: (218) 444-9225.
- The Bemidji Public Library Art Wall will present artist Terry Honstead and her exhibit "Imagine," acrylic and mixed media works, with a reception from 3 to 5 p.m. Friday. Info: (218) 444-7886.
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café will present "34 sisters," an artist collaborative of Jean Anderson of Bemidji and 32 women from Kenya, Africa, with an artist reception from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday. Proceeds from the sale of paintings and jewelry from the "34 sisters" project will be sent to the women in Kenya. Info: (218) 444-2899.
- Dunn Bros Coffee will present Fargo photographer Lois Bednar and her abstract photography. Info: (218) 444-5252.
- Gallery North will welcome fiber artist Debra Hawthorne with a reception from 2 to 5 p.m. Friday. Info: email@example.com
- Headwaters Science Center will present an exhibit of nature photography by students from third- through eighth-grade with a reception from 1 to 3 p.m. Friday. Info: (218) 444-4472.
- Neilson Place will present work by Mary Lingen, a North Dakota native who lives near Backus, Minn., through October.
- Northwoods Gallery and Frame Shop will feature art by Jane Freeman, Kathy Gustafson, Pat Shough/Sillimandi, Don Houseman, Duane Shoup, Terry Honstead and Pat Schnell showcasing watercolor, acrylic, pastel, oil, stained glass, woodcarvings, books and cards. Location: 218 Third St. NW, downtown Bemidji.
- Rail River Folk School will host The Northwoods Folk Collective Coffeehouse open mic night beginning at 7:30 p.m. Friday for musicians and writers. Host will be Jeff Sawyer. Performers, come early to sign up for a performance time. Location: 303 Railroad St. SW.
- Saarens Productions will present an art opening from 2 to 6 p.m. Friday at Wild Rose Theatre and Fleur de Lis Gallery featuring work by local, regional, and national artists.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse will present "How Do We Love Thee, Let Us Count The Ways" Friday through Aug. 31, an exhibit bringing together the work of 11 artists as they interpret the popular white orchid photo by artist Patricia Grimes. The artist reception will be from 3 to 5 p.m. Friday. Info: (218) 444-JAVA.