Bemidji's First Friday Art Walk adds venues
Two new venues, the Paul Bunyan Senior Activity Center and the Headwater Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, have been added to the First Friday Art Walk on Friday in Bemidji. Here's a rundown of activities:...
Two new venues, the Paul Bunyan Senior Activity Center and the Headwater Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, have been added to the First Friday Art Walk on Friday in Bemidji. Here's a rundown of activities:
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts will have a reception from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday for Bemidji State senior Malisa Van Maasdam's exhibit "Lost in Leaves." Info: (218) 444-9225.
- Beltrami County History Center will open "Just Married, Best Wishes," a Georgia Erdmann and Nicole Burritt exhibit of vintage wedding dresses, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday. It's sponsored by Beltrami County Historical Society in conjunction with Gallery North. Also: "School Days." Info: (218) 444-3376.
- The Bemidji Community Art Center will have an opening reception from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday for the seventh annual It's Only Clay National Ceramic Exhibition juried by St. John's Pottery artist-in-residence, Richard Bresnahan. BCAC awards presentation and announcement of the Margaret Harlow Collection will be at 6 p.m. It's Only Clay will run through Dec. 19. Info: (218) 444-7570.
- Bemidji Public Library will present artist Paul Simonson and "Potpourri," his exhibit of spin-art paintings, in November with a reception from 3 to 5 p.m. Friday. Info: (218) 444-7886.
- Brigid's Cross Irish Pub will have an opening reception from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday for Longville, Minn., artist Sean Moran. Info: (218) 444-0567.
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Cafe will have a reception from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday for artist Terry Honstead and the exhibit "Local Ojibwe Leaders." Info: (218) 444-2899.
- Dunn Bros Coffee will present the work of artist Mary Lingen through November. Info: (218) 444-5252.
- Gallery North will open its Christmas Boutique for its open house from 2 to 5 p.m. Friday. November's featured artist is painter Pat Shough, who will showcase watercolors. Author of the month will be David C. Swenson, who will read from "Miracle at Mercy Hospital" starting at 2 p.m. Friday. For classes and other info: (218) 444-9813.
- Glazed & Amused Paint Your Own Pottery Studio will display ceramic pieces painted by customers. Info: (218) 333-6880.
- Headwaters Unitarian Universalist Fellowship will feature collaborative work of Bemidji artists Marlon Davidson and Don Knudson from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday. They work in wood and collage. Location: 522 America Ave. N.W.
- Mask & Rose Women's Theater Collective and the Northwood's Folk Collective will present First Friday Coffeehouse beginning at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Wild Rose Theater. Performer sign-up will begin at 6:30 p.m. Admission is $2 for singles, $5 per family. Info: Cate Belleveau, firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Neilson Place will continue "Another Take," an exhibit by Terry Honstead. The North Country Health Services Art Committee is the sponsor. Info: email@example.com .
- Paul Bunyan Senior Activity Center will present work by the Bemidji Woodcarvers Club from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday. Info: (218) 751-8836.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse will present work by Bemidji native Mali Mattsen (now of Menomonie, Wis.) through Dec. 1., including mobiles and sculptures of metal and colorful handmade paper. Opening reception will be from 3 to 5 p.m. Friday. Info: (218) 444-JAVA.