Bemidji set to host First Friday Art Walk
Here's information for the First Friday Art Walk in Bemidji. - Bemidji Community Art Center will have an opening reception from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday featuring its annual Fifth Grade Invitational, work by fifth-graders from Central, Horace May, JW S...
Here's information for the First Friday Art Walk in Bemidji.
- Bemidji Community Art Center will have an opening reception from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday featuring its annual Fifth Grade Invitational, work by fifth-graders from Central, Horace May, JW Smith, Lincoln, Northern, Red Lake, Schoolcraft, Solway and St. Philips elementary schools. The exhibit runs through May 21. Info: (218) 444-7570.
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery and Gifts will have a reception from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday for artist Candice Billups, featuring "Birch Leaf Miner," an exhibition of prints and encaustics presenting the wilderness of northern Minnesota. Info: (218) 444-9225.
- The Beltrami County Historical Society in conjunction with Gallery North will present "Nature's Bounty," 17 photographs by Glenn Ferguson, through July 31 at the Beltrami County History Center. There will be refreshments and free admission from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday. Also featured: "Baskets and Beads: Weaving Traditions." Info: (218) 444-3376.
- Brigid's Cross Irish Pub and Restaurant will have a reception from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Friday for artist Nicolle Giese, who works in oil, watercolor and pencil mediums. Evening entertainment will be the Sam Miltich Jazz Quartet. Info: (218) 444-0567.
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Cafe will have a reception from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday for photographer Cal Rice and his exhibit, "Developing a Vision," documenting nature. Info: (218) 444-2899.
- Dunn Bros. Coffee will have a reception from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday for artist Paul Krueger, who uses paint and photography in Photoshop to create photographic art pieces. Info: (218) 444-5252.
- Gallery North will have an open house from 2 to 5 p.m. for Frank Bera from Hines, Minn., a woodcarver who uses basswood and willow to carve small animals and diamond willow walking sticks. Featured artists for the month: Basket maker Monie Martin; Penny Lovegreen, woven paper artwork and jewelry. Info: email@example.com .
- Neilson Place will present "Joe Rossi: Recent works," by photojournalist Joe Rossi, through June. Also: Local woodworker and craftsman Jeff Larson, artist Terry Honstead jewelry and accessories. Info: (218) 751-0220.
- Rail River Folk School, 303 Railroad St. S.W., will host The Northwoods Folk Collective Coffeehouse open mic beginning at 7:30 p.m. Friday for members of the community to share stories, songs, music and poetry. Host will be John Henningsgard.
- Saarens Productions at the Wild Rose Theatre and Fleur de Lis Gallery will be open from 2 to 6 p.m. featuring work by local, regional and national artists.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House will have a reception from 3 to 5 p.m. Friday for "One More Barn," a continuation of the "Barnes are Noble" series by D.L. Houseman of Tenstrike, Minn. Info: (218) 444-JAVA.