AT THE MOVIES: "Inception" ... "Sorcerer's Apprentice" ... more
New in GF/EGF: - "Inception": A psychological sci-fi action film about a thief who possesses the power to enter into the dreams of others. Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) doesn't steal things, he steals ideas. By projecting himself deep into the sub...
New in GF/EGF:
- "Inception": A psychological sci-fi action film about a thief who possesses the power to enter into the dreams of others. Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) doesn't steal things, he steals ideas. By projecting himself deep into the subconscious of his targets, he can glean information that even the best computer hackers can't get to, making him the ultimate weapon in corporate espionage. With Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Ken Watanabe, Tom Berenger, Marion Cotillard, Pete Postlethwaite, Michael Caine, Lucas Haas. Directed by Christopher Nolan. (2:28) Rated PG-13 for sequences of violence and action throughout.
- "Sorcerer's Apprentice": Balthazar Blake (Nicolas Cage) is a master sorcerer in modern-day Manhattan trying to defend the city from his arch-nemesis, Maxim Horvath (Alfred Molina). Balthazar can't do it alone, so he recruits Dave Stutler (Jay Baruchel), a seemingly average guy who demonstrates hidden potential, as his protégé. It takes courage for Dave to survive his training, save the city and get the girl. Director: Jon Turteltaub. Rated PG for fantasy action violence, some mild rude humor and brief language.
- "Standing Ovation": Five Atlantic City junior high students Kayla Jackson, Pilar Martin, Na'jee Wilson, Kayla Raparelli and Alexis Biesiada form a dance troupe to compete for a million-dollar prize in a national television music-video contest. Their rivals are glamorous, wealthy and ambitious sisters (London Clark, Jeana Zettler, Ashley Cutrona, Devon Jordon and Erika Corvette) who are led by their scheming father, Mr. Wiggs (Sal Dupree), who wants to win at any cost. Directed by Stewart Rafill. (1:46) Rated PG for some rude behavior.
- "Despicable Me": A man planning to steal the moon is sidetracked by three orphans. Animated. (1:35) PG
- "Eclipse": The third movie in the "Twilight" series explores a love triangle among Bella, Edward and Jacob. (2:04) PG-13
- "Grown Ups": After their high school basketball coach dies, five friends reunite for Fourth of July weekend. (1:42) PG-13
- "Karate Kid": A young boy, new to China, embraces kung fu, taught to him by a master. (2:06) (PG)
- "Knight and Day": A fugitive couple speeds across the globe to avoid capture by a determined federal agent. (1:50) PG-13
- "The Last Airbender": A 12-year-old boy is the last hope for harmony in a land consumed by chaos. (1:45) PG
- "Predators": A group of murderers are hunted by predators on an alien planet. (1:46 minutes) R.
- "Toy Story 3: 3D": Woody, Buzz, and their toy-box friends are dumped in a day-care center. (1:43) (G)
- Carmike 10, Grand Forks: (701) 772-4719; www.carmike.com
- River Cinema, East Grand Forks: (218) 399-9000; www.rivercinema12.com .