AT THE MOVIES: 'Columbiana' ... 'Don't Be Afraid of the Dark' ... 'Our Idiot Brother' ... more
New in GF/EGF: - "Columbiana": A little girl grows up to be an assassin after witnessing her parents' murder. She works for her uncle, but spends her personal time in vigilante murders she hopes will lead her to the mobster responsible for her pa...
New in GF/EGF:
- "Columbiana": A little girl grows up to be an assassin after witnessing her parents' murder. She works for her uncle, but spends her personal time in vigilante murders she hopes will lead her to the mobster responsible for her parents' death. With Zoe Saldana, Michael Vartan, Callum Blue. Director: Olivier Megaton. (1:47) Rated PG-13 for violence, disturbing images, intense sequences of action, sexuality and brief strong language.
- "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark": A young girl sent to live with her father and his new girlfriend discovers creatures in her new home who want to claim her as one of their own. With Katie Holmes, Guy Pearce, Bailee Madison. Director: Troy Nixey. (1:39) Rated R for violence and terror.
- "Our Idiot Brother": Scruffy idealist Ned (Paul Rudd) wreaks havoc on the lives of his mother (Shirley Knight) and sisters (Elizabeth Banks, Zooey Deschanel, Emily Mortimer) while overstaying his welcome in each of their homes and voicing his opinions when they aren't wanted. With Steve Coogan, Hugh Dancy. Director: Jesse Peretz. (1:30) Rated R for sexual content including nudity, and for language throughout.
- "The Debt" (Opens Wednesday): Shocking news reaches retired Mossad secret agents Rachel (Helen Mirren) and Stefan (Tom Wilkinson) about their former colleague David (Ciarán Hinds). All three have been honored because 30 years earlier (portrayed by Jessica Chastain, Marton Csokas, Sam Worthington) they tracked down a Nazi war criminal. But did they really accomplish their mission? Director: John Madden. (1:54) Rated R for some violence and language.
- "30 Minutes or Less": Two criminals kidnap a pizza delivery guy, strap a bomb to him and tell him he has mere hours to rob a bank or else. (1:23) R
- "The Change-up": A married father accidentally switches bodies with his best friend, leading to a series of wildly complex difficulties. (1:45) R
- "Conan the Barbarian": (3D, regular format) Conan goes on a quest to avenge his father's murder and the slaughter of his village. (1:52) R
- "Cowboys and Aliens": In 1873 all that stands in the way of an alien spaceship taking over the Earth is a posse of cowboys. PG-13
- "Crazy, Stupid Love": A man whose wife wants a divorce learns to navigate the singles scene with help of a bachelor friend. (1:58) PG-13
- "Final Destination 5": (3D) Survivors of a suspension-bridge collapse learn there's no way you can cheat death. (1:32) R
- "Fright Night": (3D, regular format): A teenager suspects his new neighbor is a vampire. (1:46) R
- "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2": (3D, regular format) Harry, Ron and Hermione continue a quest to destroy the Dark Lord. (2:10) PG-13
- "The Help": A southern town's unspoken code of rules and behavior is shattered by three courageous women. (2:17) PG-13
- "Horrible Bosses": Three frustrated employees plan to kill their micromanaging bosses but their plans snowball into disaster. (1:40) R
- "One Day": After spending their college graduation night together, two people are shown each year on the same date. (1:48) PG-13
- "Rise of the Planet of the Apes": Man's experiments with genetic engineering lead to development of intelligence in apes and a war for supremacy. (1:45) PG-13
- "The Smurfs": The Smurfs tumble from their magical world and into New York City's Central Park. (1:26) PG
- "Spy Kids: All the Time in the World": (3D, regular format) A retired spy is called back to action and invites her stepchildren along with her. (1:29) PG
- Carmike 10, Grand Forks: (701) 772-4719; www.carmike.com
- River Cinema, East Grand Forks: (218) 399-9000; www.rivercinema12.com.