The List: Time-Out Wacipi, Art and Wine Walk set this weekend
Today is Friday in this online list. o UND Indian Association Time-Out Wacipi is today through Sunday at the UND Hyslop Sports Center, Grand Forks. For information, visit UND Indian Association Time-Out Wacipi (UNDIA) on Facebook. o Rye on the Ro...
Today is Friday in this online list.
• UND Indian Association Time-Out Wacipi is today through Sunday at the UND Hyslop Sports Center, Grand Forks. For information, visit UND Indian Association Time-Out Wacipi (UNDIA) on Facebook.
• Rye on the Rocks craft cocktail event is at 6 p.m. today, with doors opening at 5:30 p.m., in the North Dakota Museum of Art on the UND campus. It is limited to 200 guests, and tickets are $25. Designated drivers can get in at the door for $10. Info: ndmoa.com.
• The Friends Book Sale is from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. today, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday and noon to 4 p.m. Sunday in the East Grand Forks Campbell Library. A wide range of books, movies and audiobooks will be available for adults, teens and children. Info: (218) 773-9121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
• The SPA Company production of "Keep the Faith" is at 7 p.m. today and Saturday and at 4 p.m. Sunday in the Red River High School Performance Hall, Grand Forks. Reserved tickets are $10. Info: (701) 746-2411 or online at www.spacompany.org .
• The "Blackbird" production by the Empire Theatre Company is at 7:30 p.m. today and Saturday in the Empire Arts Center, downtown Grand Forks. It also runs April 27-29. For mature audiences. Tickets are $17 for adults, $12 for students or military. Info: empireartscenter.com.
• Wynonna & The Big Noise perform at 8 p.m. today in Shooting Star Casino, Mahnomen, Minn. Tickets start at $15. Info: www.StarCasino.com/tickets .
• The Spin For Kids fundraiser is from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday in Red River High School, Grand Forks. Info: visit Spin for Kids on Facebook.
• Extreme North Dakota Spring Primer Adventure Race is at 9 a.m. Saturday in downtown Grand Forks. Info: Tickets available at endracing.com.
• The Red River Valley Motorcyclists annual Motorcycle Show is from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday in the Alerus Center, Grand Forks. Tickets are $5, and children ages 10 and younger are free with a paying adult. Proceeds go to Third Street Clinic and the Backpack Program. Info: rrvmnd.org/motorcycle-show.
• The free Hands-On Learning Fair is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in Purpur and Gambucci arenas, Grand Forks. Activities are geared toward children birth to age 7. (701) 741-5539.
• The Grand Forks Rally for Science is at 10 a.m. Saturday in University Park, Grand Forks. This is a nonpartisan celebration of roles that science plays in society and how it contributes to well-being, with speakers on various topics. Info: (701) 777-4676.
• The Backstage Project welcomes Grand Forks Herald columnist and singer/songwriter Jessie Veeder for a concert and book signing of "Coming Home" at 1 p.m. Saturday in the Empire Theater, downtown Grand Forks. The cover is $7 at the door, and it is open to all ages. Info: empireartscenter.com.
• The Art and Wine Walk is from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday, downtown Grand Forks and East Grand Forks. It starts and ends at two locations this year: Brick and Barley in Grand Forks and the Blue Moose in East Grand Forks. Tickets are $20. Info: Art and Wine Walk on Facebook.
• A reception for the artists on the exhibit, "New Hues," starts at 1 p.m. Saturday in The River Walk Arts Gallery in East Grand Forks' River Cinema Mall during the Art and Wine Walk. This is also the last day of the "New Hues" exhibit. The gallery is open every Wednesday through Saturday, 2 to 8 p.m. and Sundays, 2 to 5 p.m. Info: riverwalkartists.weebly.com.
• The Grand Cities Children's Choir Spring Concert is at 3 p.m. Saturday in the Chester Fritz Auditorium, Grand Forks. Pre-concert entertainment by Cole and Ian Sherwood will be at 2:30 p.m. in the lobby. Info: gogccc.org.
• The Lucky Strike Bowling Event is from 3 to 6 p.m. Saturday in Red Ray Lanes, Grand Forks. This event is for boys of all ages, escorted by their mom, grandma, aunt or someone special. Cost is $15 per player and includes pizza and prizes. Register at www.gfparks.org .
• The Harlem Globetrotters perform at 5 p.m. Saturday in the Alerus Center, Grand Forks. Tickets range from $20 to $75, plus fees. Get tickets at the Alerus Center box office in Grand Forks and at www.ticketmaster.com , or by calling (800) 745-3000. Info: aleruscenter.com.
• The "Britten & Bernstein" concert, featuring the Grand Forks Chorales and the UND Concert Choir, is at 7:30 p.m. Saturday in St. Mark's Lutheran Church, Grand Forks. Tickets are $15 or $5 for students and military. Info: Britten & Bernstein on Facebook.
• The Dakota Science Center Super Science Day is from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday in Purpur Arena, Grand Forks. Enjoy hands-on science, technology, engineering and math activities for families. Info:
• The Newsboys: Love Riot Tour is at 6 p.m. Sunday in the Chester Fritz Auditorium, Grand Forks. Tickets are $103, $48 and $28. Info: und.edu/chester-fritz-auditorium.
• The Mr. Relay Pageant, UND's Relay for Life fundraiser, is from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Sunday in the UND Memorial Union Ballroom on UND's campus. Admission is $5. Pizza will be served at 6:30 p.m. Info: Mr. Relay Pageant on Facebook.
• The UND music department's Jazz Ensemble performance is at 7:30 p.m. Monday in the Chester Fritz Auditorium, Grand Forks. Tickets are $3 for students and seniors, $7 for adults and $14 for a family of four. Info:
•" target="_blank">und.edu/chester-fritz-auditorium.• " target="_blank">und.edu/chester-fritz-auditorium. • Registration for summer art camps at the North Dakota Museum of Art opens at 9 a.m. Monday. Camps start the week of June 19-23. For a complete list of dates and classes and to register online, visit ndmoa.com/membership or call (701) 777-4195.
• UND Art Collections exhibition opening reception for "Art Across the Ages: A Selection of Treasured Works" is from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Empire Arts Center, downtown Grand Forks. Free and open to the public. Info: empireartscenter.com.
• The All-City Band Concert, featuring Grand Forks middle school and high school bands along with special guest the Dallas Brass, is at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Red River High School Performance Hall, Grand Forks. Tickets are $10 for adults or $7 for students. Info: (701) 746-2411 for reservations or purchase tickets at the door.
• "The Odd Couple" production by UND Theatre Arts students is at 7:30 p.m., with doors open at 7 p.m., Tuesday through April 29 in Burtness Theatre on UND campus. Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for students. Info: (701) 777-2587 for tickets.
• The exhibit, "NanoArt: Hidden Landscapes Revisited," created by students from the Red River High School Visual Arts Department in conjunction with the UND Arts and Sciences Department, is on display April 24-28 in the Empire Arts Center, downtown Grand Forks. Featured are paintings by students depicting microscopically scanned images of atoms and molecules. An artist reception is from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, and the public is invited. Info:gfschools.org.
• The Friends of the Grand Forks Public Library spring book sale is from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 29 in the Grand Forks Public Library. Info: gflibrary.com.
• The Grand Forks Central Department of Fine Arts presents "Rumors," by Neil Simon at 7 p.m. Thursday through April 29 in the Grand Forks Central High School Auditorium, downtown Grand Forks. Tickets are $8 for adults and $5 for students and seniors. Info: www.spacompany.org .
• The UND Wind Ensemble Spring Concert is at 8 p.m. Thursday in the Chester Fritz Auditorium, Grand Forks. Tickets are $3 for students and seniors, $7 for adults and $14 for a family of four. Info:
•" target="_blank">und.edu/chester-fritz-auditorium.• " target="_blank">und.edu/chester-fritz-auditorium. • The East Grand Forks Campbell Library is seeking local and regional artists for the Community Art Exhibit, which opens May 8. Please submit your work by May 1. All media will be considered. Info: egflibrary.org.
• The art exhibit, "Shadows of Kenopsia," runs through April 28 in the East Grand Forks Campbell Library. Info: egflibrary.org.
• Zemer Peled's "Suspension" exhibit of porcelain sculptures runs through May 28 in the North Dakota Museum of Art on UND's campus, Grand Forks. Info: ndmoa.com.
• The "Snow Country Prison: Interned in North Dakota" exhibit runs through May 29 in the North Dakota Museum of Art on UND's campus. Free group tours for adults and students are available, buses welcome. Info: ndmoa.com.
• Susan Amundaraín's exhibit, "Paintings," runs through May 31 in the North Dakota Museum of Art, on UND's campus. Info: ndmoa.com.
• The "Discover Earth" exhibit runs through June 16 in the Grand Forks Public Library. Info: (701) 772-8116.
The List compiles arts and entertainment events going on in the area throughout the next week. If you have an event to include, send an email to email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. the Monday before it should appear in The List.