THE LIST: Sam Rocha, Saturday at the Empire ... 'The Music Man', Saturday, Sunday at Frost Fire Theatre
Sam Rocha o Saturday at the Empire: Sam Rocha will perform at 8 p.m. Saturday on the back stage at the Empire Arts Center as part of the Backstage Project. Admission: $5. Info: www.empireartscenter.com. 'The Music Man' o Saturday, Sunday at Frost...
• Saturday at the Empire: Sam Rocha will perform at 8 p.m. Saturday on the back stage at the Empire Arts Center as part of the Backstage Project. Admission: $5. Info: www.empireartscenter.com .
'The Music Man'
• Saturday, Sunday at Frost Fire Theatre: "The Music Man" will be the summer show at Frost Fire Theatre, seven miles west of Walhalla, N.D. Additional 6 p.m. performances: July 13, 20 and 27. Matinees at 2 p.m.: Sunday, July 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, 28, 31. Info: www.frostfiretheatre.com; (701) 549-3600.
• Wednesday in Fargo: The New York Kammermusiker, a New York-based group that performs double-reed classical music, is returning to North Dakota. They will perform at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Avalon Events Center, 613 First Ave., Fargo. The event will begin with pre-concert theatre at 6:30 p.m. Additional performance: 8 p.m. July 12 at the International Peace Garden. Cost: $15 for adults; $10 for seniors; $5 for students. Info: (701) 838-8472.
Arts awards nominations
• Through July 15: The North Valley Arts Council is accepting nominations for the 2013 Annual Arts Awards. Nominations are being accepted for four different categories to honor the area's artists, art organizations, businesses and supporters in the community. Nomination forms are available at www.novac.org . Nomination deadline: July 15. Info: email@example.com ; (701) 772-3710.
Concerts in the Garden
• July 16 in GF: North Dakota Museum of Art continues its 2013 Concerts in the Garden, outdoor summer concert series July 16 with White Horse. Additional dates: July 23, Aug. 6, 20, 27. Cost: $8 in advance; $10 at the door. Info: www.ndmoa.com/concerts-in-the-garden .
Art & Wine Walk
• July 20 in downtown GF, EGF: The seventh season of the annual summer Art & Wine Walk, featuring work by local and regional artists and a chance to meet the artists and to buy their work, continues July 20 in downtown Grand Forks and East Grand Forks. Additional dates: Aug. 17, Sept. 21 and Oct. 19. Info: visitgrandforks.com; novac.org.
• July 25 at the Myra Museum: The Grand Forks City Band will perform a free outdoor concert at 7:30 p.m. July 25 at the Myra gazebo next to the Myra museum.