THE LIST: 'Avenue Q' ... Concerts in the Garden ... 'The Visit' ...
'Avenue Q' o Friday, Saturday at Empire: The Empire Arts Center presents the musical comedy "Avenue Q" at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 2 and 3. The musical tells the story of a recent college grad who moves to New York and struggles to discover his purpose in ...
• Friday, Saturday at Empire: The Empire Arts Center presents the musical comedy "Avenue Q" at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 2 and 3. The musical tells the story of a recent college grad who moves to New York and struggles to discover his purpose in life. The play addresses sensitive social topics such as racism, addictions and same-sex relationships in a straight-forward comical manner. Additional dates: 7:30 p.m. Aug. 6 through Aug. 10. Cost: $17 for adults; $15 for students and EAC members. Info: (701) 317-3785.
Concerts in the Garden
• Aug. 6 in GF: North Dakota Museum of Art continues its 2013 Concerts in the Garden, outdoor summer concert series Aug. 6 with Charlie Parr and The Pines. Additional dates: Aug. 20, 27. Cost: $8 in advance; $10 at the door. Info: www.ndmoa.com/concerts-in-the-garden .
• Aug 8-11 in EGF: The East Grand Forks Heritage Village presents "The Visit," at 7 p.m. August 8 through 11. The dark comedy about a town struggling to save itself will take place in and around the historic buildings and grounds of the East Grand Forks Heritage Village. The show is part of a traveling theater program, which includes about a dozen area artists. Cost: $15. Info: (651) 261-7602.
&Bull; Deadline Aug. 15: East Grand Forks Campbell Library is hosting a logo contest. All ages are encouraged to participate in creating a logo that captures everything the library is about: community, literacy, access and knowledge. Deadline: 8 p.m. Aug. 15. Info: (218) 773-9121; www.egflibrary.org .
• Aug. 17 at Empire Arts Center: Fancy That will perform at 8 p.m. Aug. 17 on the back stage at the Empire Arts Center as part of the Backstage Project. Cost: $5 cover charge. Info: www.empireartscenter.com .
Art & Wine Walk
• Aug. 17 in downtown GF, EGF: The seventh season of the annual summer Art & Wine Walk, featuring work by local and regional artists and a chance to meet the artists and to buy their work, continues Aug. 17 in downtown Grand Forks and East Grand Forks. Additional dates: Sept. 21 and Oct. 19. Info: visitgrandforks.com; novac.org.