THE LIST: ‘A Night at the Malt Shoppe’ ... DJ Profit McFly ... World Bellydance Day Show
'A Night at the Malt Shoppe' Friday at Empire: LISTEN Drop-In and Self Advocacy Solutions are hosting "Grease" and "A Night at the Malt Shoppe" at 7 p.m. The famous musical known for songs like "Summer Nights" and "Greased Lightnin" will be paire...
‘A Night at the Malt Shoppe’
- Friday at Empire: LISTEN Drop-In and Self Advocacy Solutions are hosting “Grease” and “A Night at the Malt Shoppe” at 7 p.m. The famous musical known for songs like “Summer Nights” and “Greased Lightnin” will be paired with an original play set in the 1950s that will take you back to the days of Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash. Cost: $20 family, $10 adult, $5 children and clients. Info: (701) 746-7840.
DJ Profit McFly
- Saturday at Ho Sports Bar: The Ho Sports Bar is hosting RockStar Entertainment DJ from 3 to 7 p.m., followed by ShovelHead rock and roll outside from 8 p.m. to midnight. Cost: Free. Info: (701) 772-7000.
World Bellydance Day Show
- Saturday at Burtness: The Lovely Dozen are celebrating World Bellydance Day at 7:30 p.m. Join them and special guests Kismet of Fargo, ThunderShimmy of South Dakota, Minnesota Troupe Vespertine Tribal and international performer Lauren Boldt for an evening of international entertainment. Half of all proceeds will benefit CVIC. Cost: $10 adults, $5 children 12 and younger. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Shawn O’Connor Exhibit
- Monday through May 23 at Myers Art Gallery: UND artist-in-residence Shawn O’Connor will show his utilitarian ceramic artwork made during his residence at the UND Myers Art Gallery. There will be a reception from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday. Info: shawnoconnorceramics.com.
- May 15 at ‘l Bistro: The Matt Strand Group will perform Thursday at ‘l Bistro as part of an ongoing Jazz series on Thursdays from 7 to 10 p.m. Additional shows: Sneaky Wild Oats May 22, Peat Moss May 29. Info: (701) 792-1960.
‘Art of Man’ Exhibit
- Through May 24 at Campbell Library: The East Grand Forks Campbell Library has opened its spring exhibit, “Art of Man,” featuring local artists in various media. Cost: Free. Info: (218) 773-9121.
‘Selected Works by Honoré Daumier’ Exhibit
- Through May 24 at Empire: The UND Art Collections Gallery is holding a French exhibition at the Empire Arts Center featuring works by Honoré Daumier, an important French artist who specialized in lithography. His satirical art often addressed political and social issues of the day. The pieces are displayed with lithographs by regional artists Samuel Schultz and Joel Jonientz, to whom the exhibition is dedicated. Cost: Free. Info: (701) 777-5529.
Mollie Douthit Exhibit
- Through May 31 at Third Street Gallery: Pieces by Grand Forks native Mollie Douthit are currently on display as part of an exhibit at the Third Street Gallery, 310 Kittson Ave., Grand Forks. She has been featured in the 2013 MFA edition of New American Paintings, the Museum of Fine Arts, the Royal Dublin Society Student Art Awards exhibition and more. Cost: Free. Info: (701) 757-3333.