AT THE MOVIES: 'The Judge' ... 'Dracula Untold' ... 'Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day'
New in GF/EGF "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day": The movie follows the exploits of 11-year-od Alexander as he experiences the most horrible day of his young life, beginning with gum stuck in his hair and one calamity a...
New in GF/EGF
- “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day”: The movie follows the exploits of 11-year-od Alexander as he experiences the most horrible day of his young life, beginning with gum stuck in his hair and one calamity after another follows for his entire family. With: Ed Oxenbould, Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner. (1:21) Rated PG for rude humor including some reckless behavior and language.
- “Dracula Untold”: The origin of Dracula is explored, weaving vampire mythology with the true history of Vlad the Impaler and depicting Dracula as a flawed hero in a tragic love story set in an age of magic and war. With: Luke Evans, Sarah Gadon and Dominic Cooper. (1:32) Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of warfare, vampire attacks, disturbing images and some sensuality.
- “The Judge”: A successful lawyer returns to his hometown for his mother’s funeral only to discover that his estranged father, the town’s judge is suspected of murder. With: Robert Downey Jr., Robert Duvall and Vera Farmiga. (2:21) Rated R for language including some sexual references.
- “Annabelle”: John Form has found the perfect gift for his expectant wife, Mia - a beautiful, rare vintage doll in a pure white wedding dress. The pigtailed doll, Annabelle, is possessed by a demon and threatens the young family. (1:39) R
- “The Boxtrolls”: A young orphaned boy raised by underground cave-dwelling trash collectors tries to save his friends from an evil exterminator. The movie is based on the children's novel “Here Be Monsters” by Alan Snow. (1:37) PG
- “Dolphin Tale 2”: The team of people who saved Winter's life reassemble in the wake of her surrogate mother's passing in order to find her a companion so she can remain at the Clearwater Marine Hospital. (1:33) PG
- “The Equalizer”: A man believes he has put his mysterious past behind him and has dedicated himself to beginning a new, quiet life. But when he meets a young girl under the control of ultra-violent Russian gangsters, he can't stand idly by - he has to help her. (2:11) R
- “Gone Girl”: On his fifth wedding anniversary, Nick Dunne reports that his wife, Amy, has gone missing. Under pressure from the police and a growing media frenzy, Nick’s portrait of a blissful union begins to crumble, with everyone asking the question: Did Nick Dunne kill his wife? (2:29) R
- “Guardians of the Galaxy”: In the far reaches of space, an American pilot named Peter Quill finds himself the object of a manhunt after stealing an orb coveted by the villainous Ronan. (2:01) PG-13
- “Left Behind”: A man’s wife and son vanish, along with millions of others. While the world reels from the cataclysmic event, the man bands with others who have been “left behind” to discover who or what is responsible for the disappearances. (1:45) PG-13
- “The Maze Runner”: Thomas is deposited in a community of boys after his memory is erased, soon learning they're all trapped in a maze that will require him to join forces with fellow "runners" for a shot at escape. (1:53) PG-13
- “This Is Where I Leave You”: When their father passes away, four grown siblings are forced to return to their childhood home and live under the same roof together for a week, along with their over-sharing mother and an assortment of spouses, exes and might-have-beens. (1:43) R
- “A Walk Among the Tombstones”: Private investigator Matthew Scudder is hired by a drug kingpin to find out who kidnapped and murdered his wife. (1:53) R
- Carmike 10, Grand Forks: (701) 772-4719; www.carmike.com
- River Cinema 15, East Grand Forks: (218) 399-9000; www.moorefamilytheatres.com/rivercinema15