REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS The North Dakota Mill and Elevator Association is requesting Statements of Qualifications from Electrical Engineering firms (registered professional engineers in the state of North Dakota) interested in providing services for the design of a new Electrical and Control system for a Flour Mill and Building.
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
The North Dakota Mill and Elevator Association is requesting Statements of Qualifications from Electrical Engineering firms (registered professional engineers in the state of North Dakota) interested in providing services for the design of a new Electrical and Control system for a Flour Mill and Building.
1. The project includes a new 6,000 cwts/day Durum Milling unit and a new 4000 cwts/day Flour Milling Unit to be installed in the new production building. Design of the electrical and control systems to operate the new mills and auxiliary systems for the building are included in this project.
B. Services to be provided.
1.Provide plans specifications and bidding documents.
2.Coordinate design with Mill equipment suppliers.
3.Review shop drawings.
4.Assist the ND Mill with questions during the bidding and construction phase.
C. Time Table.
1.1-21-21Written proposals submitted.
2.1-28-21Owner authorizes engineering firm to proceed with work.
3.3-5-21Plans, specifications and bidding documents complete.
D.Selection of Structural Engineering Firm.
1.The ND Mill and Elevator will accept written proposals until 2:00 p.m. on January 21, 2021.
2.The following factors will be utilized to evaluate proposals:
a.Specialized experience including recent experience in projects of comparable size and complexity as well as recent experience with Flour Mill related projects.
b.Capability/capacity including capability to perform the work within the required time frames, location of the firm, and relevant experience of key personnel.
c.Past record of performance including quality of projects previously undertaken, personnel/professional integrity, competence, and reputation for completing projects within original estimates.
d.Technical ability and understanding; the firm's understanding of the project and technical approach.
e.Project organization including the quality of the project team, the general approach to the project, and proposed methods to control costs.
1.Inquiries:Please direct inquiries and proposals to:
ND Mill and Elevator
1823 Mill Road
Grand Forks, ND 58208-3078
2. Signature Requirements: Proposals must be signed by a duly authorized official(s) of the proposer. Consortiums, joint ventures, or teams submitting proposals although permitted and encouraged, will not be considered responsive unless it is established that all contractual responsibility rests solely with one contractor or one legal entity which shall not be a subsidiary or an affiliate with limited resources. Each proposal should indicate the entity responsible for execution on behalf of the proposal team.
3. Statement required by NDCC section 48-02-19: Proposals must include a statement regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act, as required by NDCC section 48-02-19.
4.Rejection rights: The ND Mill and Elevator retains the right to reject any or all proposals and re-solicit proposals if such action is deemed to be in the best interest of the ND Mill and Elevator.
5. Cost of Proposal Preparation: No reimbursement will be made for any costs incurred in preparing this proposal or for an interview if one is held.
6. Proposals to be in Effect: Each proposal shall state that it is valid for a period of not less than thirty (30) days from date of receipt.
7. Prohibited Interest: No employee of the ND Mill and Elevator shall have any interest, direct or indirect, in any resultant contract or the proceeds thereof. The engineer shall incorporate in all such contracts or subcontracts a provision prohibiting such interest.
8. All non-resident corporations, LLC's, and LLP's must be registered with the Secretary of State to do business in North Dakota before they can enter into a contract with the ND Mill and Elevator Association.
9. The State of North Dakota will not include an arbitration clause in any contract with the selected firm.
(Dec. 30, 2020; Jan. 6 & 13; 2021)2870605