There were no injuries following an appliance fire at DogMahal DogHaus on Monday, Sept. 13.

The Grand Forks Fire Department was dispatched around 2:30 p.m. Monday to DogMahal DogHaus at 305 N. Washington St. for a report of smoke coming from the roof, according to a release from the department.

Fire crews arrived on the scene, located and quickly extinguished a fire coming from a non-vented fryer. The building was unoccupied at the time. Fire damages were contained to the cooking appliance itself, the release said.

The contents of the building had minor damage from the smoke and the dry chemical extinguisher used. Total damages are estimated to be less than $10,000.

The fire has been classified as unintentional, and was apparently caused by a non-vented fryer that was left on.

WDAY logo
listen live
watch live
Newsletter signup for email alerts

The Grand Forks Fire Department responded with four engines, one truck and one command vehicle with 17 personnel. There were no injuries to the fire department personnel.

The Grand Forks Fire Department was assisted by the Grand Forks Police Department and Altru Ambulance.