ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

GRAND FORKS FIRE DEPARTMENT

Latest Headlines
Fire crews were able to extinguish the fire quickly after arriving on scene
No structural damage occurred, but the residents of the unit had to be relocated for the night due to smoke odor
For GFFD leaders, it was a chance to offer teachable moments and explain their work in more detail, but also to make a pitch for recruitment.
The fire was caused by improper handling/disposing of a cigarette
The total includes all sorts of calls to the department, ranging from fires to myriad emergency medical calls.
One person suffered minor injuries

ADVERTISEMENT

No injuries were reported in the Saturday morning fire
Killed in the fire was Sarah Gatica, 40, who ran the STEP rehabilitation house in Grand Forks. Hospitalized was her son Caden, 20, with smoke inhalation.
Breaking News
Shortly after 9 a.m crews were dispatched to the J.R. Simplot facility, where they discovered a large amount of fire coming from a 1,000-gallon propane tank on the south side of the building.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT