A list of area holiday events this week:
- Lions Christmas in the Park, 5 to 10 p.m., Lincoln Drive to Lincoln Park along the Greenway, Grand Forks. Cars, $5; limos, $10; buses, $20. Continues every night through Dec. 30; 5 p.m. to midnight Dec. 31.
- Sacred Heart Elementary School Christmas program, 2 and 7 p.m., Klinkhammer Auditorium, East Grand Forks. Grades three through six.
- Santa Village, 4 to 8 p.m., Lincoln Park Golf Course Clubhouse, Grand Forks. Meet Santa and his elves, make a Christmas ornament, take a sleigh ride, enjoy hot cocoa and cookies baked by Mrs. Claus. Santa will be on site from noon to 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Also open 4 to 8 p.m. Friday and Dec. 16-17; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Dec. 18; and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday and Dec. 19.
- Food Drive and Christmas Party, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., Plains Chiropractic & Acupuncture, 3750 32nd Ave. S., Suite 103, Grand Forks. Frost cookies, decorate Christmas ornaments, enjoy apple cider and goodies. Admission: Nonperishable food items; donations accepted through Dec. 31. Info: (701) 775-1034.
- Visit from Santa Claus, 5 to 7 p.m., East Grand Forks Campbell Library. Bring your camera; enjoy family activities, displays by Northern Red River Valley Doll Club and Northern Lights Railroad Museum. Info: (218) 773-9121.
- Second-Grade December program "The Big Chill," 5 and 6:15 p.m., New Heights Elementary School cafeteria, East Grand Forks.
- "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever," 7 p.m., Red River High School theater, Grand Forks. Tickets: $6, $3; (701) 746-2411. Also 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday.
- "A Christmas Carol," 7:30 p.m., Central Middle School commons, East Grand Forks. Adults, $4; students K-12, $2; children younger than 5, free admission. Also 7:30 p.m. Friday.
- "A Christmas Carol," 7:30 p.m., Chief Theater, downtown Bemidji. Presented by Bemidji Community Theater and KG Entertainment and supported by Paul Bunyan Playhouse. General admission, $10; students, senior citizens, $8; available at Harmony Food Co-op, Brigid's Irish Cross Pub, Wild Hare Bistro and at the door. Also 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- "Once Upon a Night," 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 5555 S. Washington St., Grand Forks. A cantata by Pepper Choplin performed by a choir sponsored by First Presbyterian Church and Augustana Lutheran Church, with reception following. Free-will offering for Community Violence Intervention Center. Info: (701) 775-5545.
- 24th annual Santa Lucia Festival, 2 p.m., Our Savior's Lutheran Church, Argyle, Minn. Queen Lucia will wear the lighted crown and traditional white gown with red sash, and her attendants will wear white gowns and carry lighted candles; also featuring the Christmas story in Swedish and more, with reception. Sponsor: Agassiz Swedish Heritage Society.
- Exchange Club 62nd annual Christmas Benefit Show, 2 p.m., Empire Arts Center, Grand Forks. Donations taken for local programs and scholarship.
n Holiday Pops Concert, 3 p.m., Alerus Center, Grand Forks, with Greater Grand Forks Symphony Orchestra, Grand Cities Children's Choir, North Dakota Ballet and Grand Forks Master Chorale. Adults, $10; military/students younger than 22, $7; younger than 5, free.
- "Sing For Your Supper," the Valley Chordsmen and Sweet Adelines Christmas Benefit for the Food Pantry, 4 p.m., South Middle School, Grand Forks. Admission: Nonperishable food items for Grand Forks and East Grand Forks food cupboards, or cash to buy turkeys and fill food basket items.
- East Grand Forks Senior High School Christmas Concert, 7:30 p.m., East Grand Forks Performing Arts Center. With Concert Choir, Varsity Choir and Pop Singers; pre-concert music by Senior High Jazz Band. Free.
- Grand Forks Master Chorale "Messiah" Sing-A-Long, 8 p.m., St. Michael's Catholic Church, Grand Forks. Adults, $15; senior citizens, $10; students, $5.