A list of the next week's holiday events:
- Moscow Ballet's "Great Russian Nutcracker," 8 p.m., UND Chester Fritz Auditorium, Grand Forks; (800) 745-3000.
Friday and Saturday
- UND annual Madrigal Dinner, 7 p.m., UND Memorial Union, Grand Forks. Tickets: Start at $40 and include dinner; call (701) 777-4090; Ticketmaster.com.
- Cookie Sale, 9 to 10:30 a.m., Christ the King Church, 1913 Third Ave. N.W., East Grand Forks. Baked goods, lefse, candy; $6 per pound.
- Cookie Walk, 9 to 11 a.m., Zion United Methodist Church Women, 1001 24th Ave. S., Grand Forks. Cost: $6 per pound.
- Immanuel Christian Children's Center Holiday Gift Bazaar, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Immanuel Lutheran Church, 1710 Cherry St., Grand Forks. Soup lunch, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lefse, crafts and more.
- "The Nativity -- It Began with a Family," 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., Federated Church, Park River, N.D. A display of Christmas nativity sets sponsored by Western Walsh Ministerium.
- Winter/Christmas Concert, 3:30 p.m., Kiehle Auditorium, University of Minnesota-Crookston, followed by a light supper; freewill donation.
Saturday and Sunday
- Holiday Show and Sale, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, Muddy Waters Clay Center, 2014 13th Ave. N., Grand Forks.
- "Christmas in the Country," 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Bygland Lutheran Church, eight miles south of East Grand Forks on state Highway 220. Lutefisk and meatball dinner, bazaar and bake sale. Adults, $12; ages 6 to 12, $6; 5 and younger, free.
- 15th annual Village Christmas Festival, 1 to 4 p.m., East Grand Forks Heritage Village, Highway 220 North and 20th Street Northeast. Horse-drawn sleigh rides, real live reindeer from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., old-fashioned ornament making, Dakota Science activities, Northern Lights miniature train displays. Also homemade cookies, cocoa and coffee, bake sale and Christmas music in the Village church. Admisson: Free; donations accepted. Sponsor: East Grand Forks Heritage Foundation.
- The Lettermen Christmas Show, 2 and 6 p.m., Spirit Lake Casino, St. Michael, N.D. General admission, $20; reserved seating, $25; (800) 946-8238, ext. 249.
- Thursday Music Club 87th annual Christmas Musicale, 4 p.m., United Lutheran Church, 324 Chestnut St., Grand Forks. Featuring the Thursday Music Chorus; Connie Stordalen, soloist; Emily Burkland, piano; Red River High School quartet; UND String Ensemble; students of Sheila Nelson playing violin, piano, trumpet, trombone and flute. Admission: Freewill offering for music scholarships. Info: (701) 746-7673.
- The Night of the Nativity, 4 to 7 p.m., Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 2814 Cherry St., Grand Forks. Featuring area school groups and the University of Minnesota-Crookston Choir. Live broadcast of the First Presidency Christmas Devotional with the Morman Tabernacle Choir, 7 to 8 p.m. Christmas desserts served.
- Tonic Sol-fa Holiday Show, 7:30 p.m., Empire Arts Center, Grand Forks. A cappella music by one of the Midwest's finest quartets; $25, $22; (701) 777-4090. Opening at 7:15 p.m.: Red River High School Mannatones.
- Bemidji Symphony Orchestra performs Geoffrey Woodley Memorial Messiah/Holiday Concert, 7:30 p.m., Bemidji High School Auditorium. The orchestra will play selections from Handel's "Messiah," and the audience will be invited to sing along on the choruses; plus, many other sacred and secular pieces. Adults/senior citizens, $5; through grade 12, free.
- Lutefisk and Meatball Dinner with music by Highway 11 Ramblers, 5:30 p.m., Warroad (Minn.) Community Center. Lutefisk, meatballs, mashed potatoes, corn, lefse, buns, salads, desserts, coffee. Reservations required; call (218) 386-4403, leave a message. Suggested donation: $12; proceeds go to Warroad Senior Nutrition Program.
To get your event listed here, e-mail info to firstname.lastname@example.org