The Grand Forks school district is providing free meals for kids on weekdays in June at select elementary schools throughout the community.
The meals will be served beginning Monday and through June 27.
Breakfast will be offered from 7:30 to 8 a.m. at eight elementary schools:
- Ben Franklin, 1016 S. 20th St.
- Century Elementary, 3351 17th Ave. S.
- Lake Agassiz, 605 Stanford Road
- Lewis and Clark, 1100 13th Ave. S.
- Phoenix, 351 Fourth Ave. S.
- Viking, 809 22nd Ave. S.
- Wilder, 1009 N. Third St.
- Winship, 1412 Fifth Ave. N.
Lunch will be provided from 12 to 12:30 p.m. at three elementary schools --
- Lake Agassiz
Meals are free for anyone who is 18 years of age and younger. Students up to the age of 21 who are receiving educational services, such as through the special education program, are also eligible.
Meals must be eaten on site and the doors will be locked, without an attendant, after 12:30 p.m., according to a news release from Grand Forks Public Schools.