Skip to main content
Grand Forks Herald
Essentia nurses' union challenges firings over mandatory flu shots
Former northern Minnesota cult leader has sentence reduced
Minn. seeks $5 billion for alleged 3M pollution
Racy skits involving female co-stars were typical for Franken's USO tours
Foxtail Wind: ND Public Service Commision hears testimony on Dickey County project
crime and courts
Inside RFD-TV, the network that covets rural and older viewers
Charlie Rose harassed us, eight women say
Why is Peter Dinklage still stuck playing characters defined by dwarfism?
From Fred and Ginger to Kate and Leo: When movie couples make fans hope for real-life love
EGF high school, UND present musical theatre productions this weekend
Let the countdown begin: Advent calendars symbolize time of anticipation
4 family-friendly games to spice up any Turkey Day gathering
Devoted owners do anything to keep pets healthy
All grownups need reminders about younger self
Health Matters: Interventions available for prevent falls
AD committee discusses candidates for first time
Standout season without playoffs
Riders' Steffen repeats on all-state team
UND signs seven-year apparel deal with adidas
Howard, Hornets down Timberwolves
Peter L. Backlund
Robert G. "Bob" Schardin
Kinsley Oslund's first deer
Saskatchewan snow goose hunt
Tyler's youth season buck
BRAD DOKKEN COLUMN: Afternoon hunt yields enjoyable meeting in the woods
Commentary: Did Al Franken make a bad decision, or is he a creep? Look for the pattern.
Analysis: Why Sen. Al Franken could be in a lot more trouble now
Garrison Keillor: It's Thanksgiving. Be Happy.
Commentary: Sophia Wilansky got hurt because the #NoDAPL movement used violence as a tactic
COMMENTARY: Don't let #MeToo turn into a witch hunt
Five Generations of Dziengels
The List: Time-Out Wacipi, Art and Wine Walk set this weekend
Today is Friday in this online list. • UND Indian Association Time-Out Wacipi is today through Sunday at the UND Hyslop Sports Center, Grand Forks. For information, visit UND Indian Association Time-Out Wacipi (UNDIA) on Facebook. • Rye on the Rocks craft cocktail event is at...
April 20, 2017 - 3:38pm
April 6, 2017
The List: 50th annual Hawley Art Show opens
• The 50th annual Hawley Art Show is from 1 to 9 p.m. today, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday in the Hawley Community Center on Main Street in Hawley, Minn. Info: 50th Annual Hawley Art Show on Facebook. • The rock band Foreigner performs at 8 p.m. today...
April 6, 2017 - 4:42pm
March 15, 2017
The list: 24 fun things to do this weekend
• The final shows of "Peter and the Starcatcher," a production by the Empire Theatre Company, are set for 7:30 p.m. tonight and Saturday in the Empire Arts Center, downtown Grand Forks. Tickets are $22 for adults, $17 for students or military and $12 for ages 12 and under. Info:...
March 15, 2017 - 5:03pm
February 3, 2017
The List: Events you won't want to miss this weekend
Here are fourteen things that will set your weekend apart from the rest.
February 3, 2017 - 6:00am
January 25, 2017
The List: Frosty Bobber set for Saturday; synchronized skating championships to draw thousands over weekend
• The 2017 Synchronized Skating Sectional Championships are at 10:45 a.m. today and 8 a.m. Saturday in Ralph Engelstad Arena in Grand Forks. This is a qualifying event for the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships. Weekend and daily tickets are available, and parking is $5 per...
January 25, 2017 - 6:16pm
December 28, 2016
The list: Midnight Masquerade, Downtown Horns top New Year's Eve events
• The Midnight Masquerade: New Year's Eve Gala sponsored by Greater Grand Forks Young Professionals is from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. on New Year's...
December 28, 2016 - 3:34pm
December 22, 2016
The List: Lions Christmas in the Park, live nativity on tap
The Lions Christmas in the Park is from 5:30 to 10 p.m. through Dec. 31 in Lincoln Park, Grand Forks. Cost is $5 per car, $10 per limousine...
December 22, 2016 - 11:04pm
December 12, 2016
The list: Festival of Trees, live nativity set in Grand Forks
• The final two days of the Festival of Trees, sponsored by the LISTEN Center and the Optimist Club, are today and Saturday in Columbia Mall in the Sears wing. You also can place presents under the trees for families. Info: (701) 746-7840. • The Muddy Waters Clay Center Annual...
December 12, 2016 - 6:00am
December 8, 2016
Holiday events bring joy this week
• Santa's Village is open this weekend at Lincoln Park, Grand Forks. Today, it is open from 4 to 8 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and...
December 8, 2016 - 5:43pm
November 25, 2016
Festival of Trees opens in Columbia Mall
• The final weekend of the "Dear Margery" exhibit by James Culleton is today through Sunday in the North Dakota Museum of Art on UND's campus....
November 25, 2016 - 5:00am
November 16, 2016
Fire Hall has two shows in one night
• The 53rd annual North Dakota-Manitoba District Metropolitan Opera auditions and concert begins at 6 p.m. today with a vocal master class with Robert Breault, an international-level performer and University of Utah professor. The auditions begin at 11 a.m. Saturday in the Josephine...
November 16, 2016 - 5:53pm
November 3, 2016
The List (for Friday's paper - Nov. 4, 2016)
• Register by today for the Healthy and Fit Kids Retreat being held on Nov. 11 from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Choice Health and Fitness in Grand Forks. Registration fee is $20 per participant. Info: www.choicehf.com. • A Choral Works concert is at 6 p.m. tonight at Northland Community...
November 3, 2016 - 1:31pm
October 28, 2016
Legends of Terror spooks all at Myra Museum
• "Our Town" production by Grand Forks Central High School is at 7 tonight and Saturday at the high school auditorium, downtown, Grand Forks....
October 28, 2016 - 6:00am
October 20, 2016
THE LIST: Things to do in the Valley
• The 102nd annual Walsh County Fair continues at 7:30 a.m. Friday and into the evening and from 7 to 11 a.m. Saturday in Park River, N.D....
October 20, 2016 - 6:00am
October 7, 2016
THE LIST: ParaCon 2016
• ParaCon 2016, the sixth annual Paranormal Convention, is from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. today and Saturday at Shooting Star Casino in Mahnomen, Minn....
October 7, 2016 - 4:00pm