Skip to main content
Grand Forks Herald
In death reunited: 75 years after Pearl Harbor attack, Anderson brothers of Dilworth, Minn., will rest together in USS Arizona
Facebook developing artificial intelligence to flag offensive live videos
Flu or flu vaccine in pregnancy not tied to autism in kids, study suggests
Cutting Christmas trees for tradition -- and a cause
Package thieves beware: Residents have their eyes (and cameras) on you
crime and courts
Travel blog: UND in NYC (updated 11:46 p.m.)
PHOTO GALLERY: University of North Dakota vs. Richmond
In Manhattan trip, hockey team takes time out to reflect
Wayne Nelson: Experience counts, ask Richmond
UND FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Rust wasn't the problem for UND
Grand Forks woman collects beautiful artwork with inspirational messages for victims of domestic violence
Passion for pottery
'The Story of the World in 100 Species' available at Grand Forks Public library
Marilyn Hagerty: St. Michael's cheery chef mixes 'homemade anything'
'Incarnate' plays in local theaters
Life & Style
Edward "Jiggs" Cluchie
Marjorie A. Weston
Joseph Earl Mueller
Mollie M. Olson
Jamie Lynn (Rumple) Haupt
DNR developing response plan to halt spread of CWD
Northwest Minnesota deer kill up from last year
A rundown of winter woodpeckers
A rewarding walk in the woods
Talkin' with Dokken: Do nightcrawlers work for ice fishing?
Port: Standing Rock's 2014 pipeline objection is irrelevant
Commentary: True or false, Trump's tweets beat the media at its own game
Letter: Americans, reject Trumpism and its 'false hope'
Letter: Where is critical thinking when we need it most?
Terry Jarrett: Washington can help make coal cleaner
November 25, 2016
Festival of Trees opens in Columbia Mall
• The final weekend of the "Dear Margery" exhibit by James Culleton is today through Sunday in the North Dakota Museum of Art on UND's campus....
November 25, 2016 - 5:00am
November 16, 2016
Fire Hall has two shows in one night
• The 53rd annual North Dakota-Manitoba District Metropolitan Opera auditions and concert begins at 6 p.m. today with a vocal master class with Robert Breault, an international-level performer and University of Utah professor. The auditions begin at 11 a.m. Saturday in the Josephine...
November 16, 2016 - 5:53pm
November 3, 2016
The List (for Friday's paper - Nov. 4, 2016)
• Register by today for the Healthy and Fit Kids Retreat being held on Nov. 11 from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Choice Health and Fitness in Grand Forks. Registration fee is $20 per participant. Info: www.choicehf.com. • A Choral Works concert is at 6 p.m. tonight at Northland Community...
November 3, 2016 - 1:31pm
October 28, 2016
Legends of Terror spooks all at Myra Museum
• "Our Town" production by Grand Forks Central High School is at 7 tonight and Saturday at the high school auditorium, downtown, Grand Forks....
October 28, 2016 - 6:00am
October 20, 2016
THE LIST: Things to do in the Valley
• The 102nd annual Walsh County Fair continues at 7:30 a.m. Friday and into the evening and from 7 to 11 a.m. Saturday in Park River, N.D....
October 20, 2016 - 6:00am
October 7, 2016
THE LIST: ParaCon 2016
• ParaCon 2016, the sixth annual Paranormal Convention, is from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. today and Saturday at Shooting Star Casino in Mahnomen, Minn....
October 7, 2016 - 4:00pm
September 15, 2016
THE LIST: Potato Bowl
• It's Potato Bowl Weekend. The UND Fan Luncheon is at 11:30 a.m. at the Alerus Center. A free concert to welcome the new UND president and first lady is at 2 p.m. in Hughes Fine Arts Center. The Get Wet & Run Wild Kid's Fun Run is at 4 p.m. today at Choice Health and Fitness. Also,...
September 15, 2016 - 7:57pm
September 2, 2016
THE LIST: Muddy Waters Clay Center, Grand Cities Children's Choir auditions
• Muddy Waters Clay Center is offering a basic class on wheel throwing and glazing techniques from 6:30 to 9 p.m. for nine Tuesdays, starting...
September 2, 2016 - 12:15pm
August 4, 2016
The List: RiverFest, Izzy Marcil, Diva Dash, Grand Forks Escape Room
• RiverFest in Thief River Falls begins at 6 p.m. today in Hartz Park in Thief River Falls. On Saturday, bands begin playing at 4 p.m. Info:...
August 4, 2016 - 7:00am
June 29, 2016
THE LIST: 'Million Dollar Quartet' at Frost Fire Theatre, Firecracker Walk, Run
Northern Valley Youth Orchestras accepting camp registrations Del Segno day camps run August 8-12: All camps take place at Hughes Fine Arts Center...
June 29, 2016 - 10:34pm
June 16, 2016
THE LIST: 'Once Upon a Mattress,' Aneta Turkey Barbecue, Farmers Market, Art and Wine Walk, The 1919 Lounge,
"Once Upon a Mattress" Today in the Empire Arts Center: The Thompson Summer Theatre celebrates its 25th anniversary with the production of "Once...
June 16, 2016 - 4:00pm
June 8, 2016
THE LIST: Petersburg Vets Run, Pembina County Fair fundraisers, Movie in the Park, Children's Garden Club
Outdoor Yoga Saturday in Grand Forks: Join fellow outdoor yoga enthusiasts at 9 a.m. Saturday near Riverside Dam in Grand Forks. Bring your own...
June 8, 2016 - 9:32pm
June 2, 2016
The List: Kem Shrine Parade, National Trails Day
Kem Shrine Parade Parade on Saturday: The Kem Shriners Parade will begin at 11 a.m., starting at DeMers and Fourth St. N.W., East Grand Forks,...
June 2, 2016 - 7:50pm
May 20, 2016
THE LIST: Pasley Ballet School Recital, Daughters of Atlas Bellydance Festival, New NDMOA exhibit
Spring Art ExhibitToday at Roseau City Center and Library: The Northwest Minnesota Arts Council is showcasing its Spring Art Exhibit at the Roseau...
May 20, 2016 - 7:00am
May 13, 2016
THE LIST: North Dakota Ballet Company recital, Northern Valley Youth Orchestras auditions, 'Arsenic and Old Lace' at Fire Hall
NDBC Spring Recital Today at Chester Fritz Auditorium: The North Dakota Ballet Company Spring Recital is at 6:30 tonight at the Chester Fritz...
May 13, 2016 - 6:45am