Skip to main content
Grand Forks Herald
Robotics tourney set for Tuesday at Valley Middle School
Hundreds of abused, neglected children go without advocates in Minnesota's legal system
A bridge too far? Grand Forks-area planners recommend more northerly river crossing
Driver sentenced for hit-and-run that killed northwest Minn. girl near Lake Mille Lacs
$200 million shortfall: New F-M diversion estimate triggers funding search
crime and courts
'Page-turner' comes to stage
Design, art, eggs and music usher in spring
CNN chief calls Fox News 'propaganda machine,' and Hannity responds
Rebooted Roseanne is a proud 'deplorable' - can she be the Trump era's Archie Bunker?
Steven Seagal accused of raping an 18-year-old - adding to decades of claims against the actor
Faith news: Churches plan Holy Week events
Marilyn Hagerty: Kluski and golabki this weekend in Minto
A barber tried for years to cut an autistic boy's hair. Then they had a breakthrough.
No, the pope did not convince Stephen Hawking to believe in God on his deathbed
How one group is using scraps of wood to comfort others
Former NDSU athletic director Taylor enjoying Kansas State's 'special' run in NCAA men's tournament
Itinerant childhood taught new Twins slugger Logan Morrison how to fit in
UND football in no hurry to name starting quarterback
No suspension for Miguel Sano
Wild are fighting for their playoff lives, and maybe that’s a good thing
Debra L. Lee
Kenneth L. Maier
Donna M. Engel
Rare lynx sighting highlights a day on the ice
Outdoors report: There's still time for an ice fishing trip, but trail conditions are deteriorating
New business creating custom duck calls with pets' ashes
Doug Leier: Drawing a once-in-a-lifetime license doesn't guarantee success
Wyoming considers grizzly hunt after Trump team took bear off endangered list
Commentary: What if millennials get politically active?
Letter: The students aren't wrong; Rob Port is
Letter: Teachers are trained to teach students, period
Are you kind when you disagree with someone?
Letter: NRA must accept it should be regulated
Severe Weather Announcements (6)
March 12, 2017
A passion for crafting: Moorhead couple works together to help Honor Flight
MOORHEAD — If there's ever a kitchen in town where a dish is never allowed to air dry, it just might be at the north Moorhead home of Harold...
March 12, 2017 - 7:23am
September 22, 2016
HELPING HANDS: Corey Pladson fundraiser; UND's Nonprofit Leadership Association's Flamingo Fundraiser
A fundraiser for Corey Pladson will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday in Calvary Lutheran Church in Grand Forks. A spaghetti supper will be served for a freewill donation. There also will be a bake sale, silent auction, carnival games and live music.
September 22, 2016 - 7:46pm
October 26, 2015
Compass Points: Warroad group starts GoFundMe for Star of the North Trail
The Lake of the Woods Chapter of the Ruffed Grouse Society has launched a GoFundMe page to raise funds for a planned 64-mile system of hunting...
October 26, 2015 - 5:30pm
Helping Hands: A benefit for Adam Dahl
A benefit for Adam Dahl will be held 5-10 p.m. today at the East Grand Forks American Legion, 1009 Central Ave. N.W. Dahl underwent 12 hours of reconstructive surgery in April for his traumatic facial injuries after an assault in downtown Grand Forks. The benefit will include a freewill...
June 26, 2015 - 8:00am
May 22, 2015
Helping hands: A benefit for David Knapp ... 145-mile bike ride for Nepal ...
A benefit for David Knapp will be held in the St. Mary's Catholic Church basement, 216 Belmont Road, Grand Forks. Knapp is in stage-five renal failure and requires a kidney transplant. The benefit will run from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. and will include a silent auction, bake sale,...
May 22, 2015 - 6:20am
January 10, 2015
Fundraisers set for Larimore school bus-train crash victims
There are a few fundraisers to help families of victims from Monday’s bus-train crash near Larimore, N.D. Here are ways the public can help:...
January 10, 2015 - 9:34pm
January 11, 2014
Masters of The Ask: Shared values, passion among the secrets of successful fundraisers
Cam Tweten was a fitness club manager and Brandy Chaffee was a public relations director for the Grand Forks Park District, neither with fundraising...
January 11, 2014 - 10:19pm
August 30, 2013
Helping Hands: Cancer Benefit and Ride ... Muscular Dystrophy Association ...
• Cancer Benefit and Ride: The North Country Horsemen Saddle Club will be hosting its Fifth Annual Cancer Benefit and Ride today through Sunday. The proceeds will go to Trails for Treatments, a nonprofit group that helps fund cancer treatment. It will be held at the M&R Triple...
August 30, 2013 - 5:00am
June 7, 2013
Helping hands: Trails4Transplants ... McCain Endres walk/run fundraiser
• Trails4Transplants: A 311-mile charity horse ride to raise funds for the Gift of Life Transplant House in Rochester, Minn., began May 31 in Warren, Minn., and ending June 13 in St. Anthony, N.D. Trails4Transplants is seeking monetary donations and riders, who can join in and...
June 7, 2013 - 7:30am
September 28, 2012
HELPING HANDS: Food drive... Empty Bowl project... Cancer Awareness
• Food Drive: The Grand Forks Public Library will sponsor the Nancy Gardner Memorial Food Drive and Fine Forgiveness through Saturday. If you bring a canned good to the library, you will receive $2 off your overdue fine. No fines? You can still donate. All donations will go to...
September 28, 2012 - 6:00am
September 22, 2012
Running for Nicolette
Family, friends and classmates of a late UND nursing student gathered in University Park for a 5K race in her name. The Nicolette Wolf Leader...
September 22, 2012 - 5:36pm
September 7, 2012
HELPING HANDS: Spaghetti feed ... Blood drive ... Art benefit for autism
• Spaghetti feed fundraiser: A fundraiser for Helen Garcia of East Grand Forks will be 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at Southgate Casino Bar & Grill in Grand Forks with a spaghetti feed and silent auction. Admission will be by freewill offering. Garcia is being treated for breast cancer....
September 7, 2012 - 6:30am
August 24, 2012
HELPING HANDS: Cancer Benefit & Ride... Art benefit for autism:... Suicide Walk:
• Cancer Benefit & Ride: The fourth annual M&R Triple T Ranch & North Country Horsemen Saddle Club Cancer Benefit & Ride will be Aug. 31 through Sept. 2 with proceeds donated to the North Country Horsemen Trails To Treatments Cancer Fund. Last year more than $12,000 was raised...
August 24, 2012 - 6:45am
June 2, 2012
Dalrymple has $1 million lead over Taylor in campaign funds
BISMARCK - North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple has a $1 million campaign fundraising advantage over his Democratic challenger, according to finance...
June 2, 2012 - 7:15am
June 1, 2012
HELPING HANDS: Red Lake County Relay for Life ... Donn Hilde benefit ... Golf tournament
• Red Lake County Relay for Life: The 13th annual American Cancer Society Relay for Life will have its opening ceremony at 6 tonight with a luminary ceremony at dusk at the Oklee, Minn., football field. There will be food vendors, games, a silent auction, a Relay for Life Idol...
June 1, 2012 - 6:00am