Skip to main content
Grand Forks Herald
Warren, Minn., man killed in head-on collision on Highway 1
Charges dropped against Minnesota teacher accused of having sex with student
Update: Fargo Police say missing 16 year-old found unharmed
2 arrested during Moorhead traffic stop with 117 grams of meth, nearly $1,700
TV audience for final Trump-Clinton debate below record
crime and courts
Murphy: How a local community came together to honor the life of Carter Peterson
Surviving Minnesota Vikings defy circumstances
KOLPACK: It's time for the Bison senior leadership to show what they have
WEDNESDAY'S LOCAL SCOREBOARD
GGF ROUNDUP: West Fargo Sheyenne downs Central
THE LIST: Things to do in the Valley
Spook-tacular Halloween decor
Marilyn Hagerty: Fried chicken and meringue pie still on Maple menu
Students learn how to avoid unhealthy relationships, set personal boundaries
HEALTH MATTERS: Diabetes screening might jump-start lifestyle changes
Life & Style
Iris Faye Weig
Mae F. "Mitzi" Puppe
Daniel L. Vettel
Lynn P. Goldal
Get your gear on: HUNT Chip onXmap
Rusty blackbird seems to be slipping away
PLI includes several programs
The tagged catfish mystery
TALKIN' with DOKKEN: Are battery-powered augers any good?
Port: Candidate calls for permanent Native American member of the ND PSC
LETTER: Join veterans and others in supporting Measure 4
Viewpoint: On racism, UND President Kennedy fails first test
OUR OPINION: Lawless, bullying 'Keep It in the Ground' tactics fail
Letter: Women for Trump see through media smears
Warren, Minn., man killed in head-on collision on Highway 1
September 22, 2016
HELPING HANDS: Corey Pladson fundraiser; UND's Nonprofit Leadership Association's Flamingo Fundraiser
A fundraiser for Corey Pladson will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday in Calvary Lutheran Church in Grand Forks. A spaghetti supper will be served for a freewill donation. There also will be a bake sale, silent auction, carnival games and live music.
September 22, 2016 - 7:46pm
October 26, 2015
Compass Points: Warroad group starts GoFundMe for Star of the North Trail
The Lake of the Woods Chapter of the Ruffed Grouse Society has launched a GoFundMe page to raise funds for a planned 64-mile system of hunting...
October 26, 2015 - 5:30pm
Helping Hands: A benefit for Adam Dahl
A benefit for Adam Dahl will be held 5-10 p.m. today at the East Grand Forks American Legion, 1009 Central Ave. N.W. Dahl underwent 12 hours of reconstructive surgery in April for his traumatic facial injuries after an assault in downtown Grand Forks. The benefit will include a freewill...
June 26, 2015 - 8:00am
May 22, 2015
Helping hands: A benefit for David Knapp ... 145-mile bike ride for Nepal ...
A benefit for David Knapp will be held in the St. Mary's Catholic Church basement, 216 Belmont Road, Grand Forks. Knapp is in stage-five renal failure and requires a kidney transplant. The benefit will run from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. and will include a silent auction, bake sale,...
May 22, 2015 - 6:20am
January 10, 2015
Fundraisers set for Larimore school bus-train crash victims
There are a few fundraisers to help families of victims from Monday’s bus-train crash near Larimore, N.D. Here are ways the public can help:...
January 10, 2015 - 9:34pm
January 11, 2014
Masters of The Ask: Shared values, passion among the secrets of successful fundraisers
Cam Tweten was a fitness club manager and Brandy Chaffee was a public relations director for the Grand Forks Park District, neither with fundraising...
January 11, 2014 - 10:19pm
August 30, 2013
Helping Hands: Cancer Benefit and Ride ... Muscular Dystrophy Association ...
• Cancer Benefit and Ride: The North Country Horsemen Saddle Club will be hosting its Fifth Annual Cancer Benefit and Ride today through Sunday. The proceeds will go to Trails for Treatments, a nonprofit group that helps fund cancer treatment. It will be held at the M&R Triple...
August 30, 2013 - 5:00am
June 7, 2013
Helping hands: Trails4Transplants ... McCain Endres walk/run fundraiser
• Trails4Transplants: A 311-mile charity horse ride to raise funds for the Gift of Life Transplant House in Rochester, Minn., began May 31 in Warren, Minn., and ending June 13 in St. Anthony, N.D. Trails4Transplants is seeking monetary donations and riders, who can join in and...
June 7, 2013 - 7:30am
September 28, 2012
HELPING HANDS: Food drive... Empty Bowl project... Cancer Awareness
• Food Drive: The Grand Forks Public Library will sponsor the Nancy Gardner Memorial Food Drive and Fine Forgiveness through Saturday. If you bring a canned good to the library, you will receive $2 off your overdue fine. No fines? You can still donate. All donations will go to...
September 28, 2012 - 6:00am
September 22, 2012
Running for Nicolette
Family, friends and classmates of a late UND nursing student gathered in University Park for a 5K race in her name. The Nicolette Wolf Leader...
September 22, 2012 - 5:36pm
September 7, 2012
HELPING HANDS: Spaghetti feed ... Blood drive ... Art benefit for autism
• Spaghetti feed fundraiser: A fundraiser for Helen Garcia of East Grand Forks will be 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at Southgate Casino Bar & Grill in Grand Forks with a spaghetti feed and silent auction. Admission will be by freewill offering. Garcia is being treated for breast cancer....
September 7, 2012 - 6:30am
August 24, 2012
HELPING HANDS: Cancer Benefit & Ride... Art benefit for autism:... Suicide Walk:
• Cancer Benefit & Ride: The fourth annual M&R Triple T Ranch & North Country Horsemen Saddle Club Cancer Benefit & Ride will be Aug. 31 through Sept. 2 with proceeds donated to the North Country Horsemen Trails To Treatments Cancer Fund. Last year more than $12,000 was raised...
August 24, 2012 - 6:45am
June 2, 2012
Dalrymple has $1 million lead over Taylor in campaign funds
BISMARCK - North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple has a $1 million campaign fundraising advantage over his Democratic challenger, according to finance...
June 2, 2012 - 7:15am
June 1, 2012
HELPING HANDS: Red Lake County Relay for Life ... Donn Hilde benefit ... Golf tournament
• Red Lake County Relay for Life: The 13th annual American Cancer Society Relay for Life will have its opening ceremony at 6 tonight with a luminary ceremony at dusk at the Oklee, Minn., football field. There will be food vendors, games, a silent auction, a Relay for Life Idol...
June 1, 2012 - 6:00am
May 25, 2012
HELPING HANDS: Soldier's Angels ... Support Suicide Prevention Walk ... Red Lake County Relay for Life
• Soldier's Angels: In honor of Memorial Day, the Grand Forks Public Library will be taking donations during May for Soldier's Angels, a volunteer-led nonprofit with volunteers around the country who provide aid and comfort to the men and women of the U.S. military, veterans...
May 25, 2012 - 6:15am