To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
N.D. Game and Fish Advisory Board
The North Dakota Game and Fish Department hosts these meetings twice a year in each of the state's eight advisory board districts. Department personnel will be on hand to discuss hunting and fishing issues and answer questions.
• Nov. 27: District 2 (Bottineau, Burke, McHenry, Mountrail, Pierce, Renville and Ward counties), 7 p.m., Community Center, 783 Main St., Lansford, N.D. Info: Advisory board member Robert Gjellstad, Voltaire, N.D., (701) 338-2281.
• Nov. 27: District 6 (Barnes, Dickey, Foster, Griggs, Logan, LaMoure, McIntosh, Stutsman and Wells counties), 7 p.m., McIntosh County Bank, 204 W. Main St., Ashley, N.D. McIntosh Ducks Unlimited is host. Info: Advisory board member Cody Sand, Ashley, (701) 357-7011.
• Nov. 28: District 4 (Grand Forks, Nelson, Pembina and Walsh counties), 7 p.m., Red River Archers indoor archery range, 2001 N. 42nd. St., Grand Forks. Red River Archers is host. Info: Advisory board member Joe Solseng, (701) 317-5009.
• Nov. 28: District 3 (Benson, Cavalier, Eddy, Ramsey, Rolette and Towner counties), 7 p.m., Lake Region State College, 1801 College Drive N., Devils Lake. Lake Region Pheasants Forever is host: Info: Advisory board member Tom Rost, Devils Lake, (701) 662-8620.
• Dec. 4: District 5 (Cass, Ransom, Richland, Sargent, Steele and Traill counties), 7 p.m., Community Center, 299 Fourth Ave., Cogswell, N.D. Cogswell Gun Club is host. Info: Advisory board member Duane Hanson, West Fargo, (701) 367-4249.
• Dec. 4: District 8 (Adams, Billings, Bowman, Dunn, Golden Valley, Hettinger, Slope and Stark counties), 7 p.m., Eagles Club, 31 First Ave E., Dickinson. Hosted by Dickinson Pheasants Forever chapter. Info: Advisory board member Dwight Hecker, Dickinson, (701) 483-4952.
• Dec. 5: District 1 (Divide, McKenzie and Williams counties), 7 p.m., Civic Center, 213 Second St. NE, Watford City, N.D. Hosted by Watford City Pheasants Forever chapter. Info: Advisory board member Beau Wisness, Keene, N.D., (701) 675-2067.
• Dec. 5: District 7 (Burleigh, Emmons, Grant, Kidder, McLean, Mercer, Morton, Oliver, Sheridan and Sioux counties), 7 p.m., City Community Hall, 105 Dakota Ave., Wilton, N.D. Hosted by Wilton Pheasants Forever chapter. Info: Advisory board member Dave Nehring, Bismarck, (701) 214-3184.
• Dec. 2: Moonlight hike with the Trail Trekkers Hiking Club, 5 to 6:30 p.m., Turtle River State Park, 3084 Park Ave., Arvilla, N.D. Hike begins at 5 p.m. at the Chalet parking lot. Info: Turtle River State Park, (701) 594-4445.
• Dec. 9: Wreath-making 101, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. (two sessions), Lake Bemidji State Park. Learn how to make an evergreen wreath. Balsam, pine and cedar boughs, wreath forms, wire and red ribbon will be supplied. Materials fee is $8.50, and there's a maximum of 20 people per session. A vehicle permit ($7 daily or $35 annual) also is required to enter the park. Register by Nov. 27 by calling (218) 308-2300.
• Dec. 16: "Break Away from the Holidays" hike, 10 to 11:30 a.m., Turtle River State Park, 3084 Park Ave., Arvilla, N.D. Hikers will depart from the Woodland Lodge at 10 a.m. Leashed pets welcome; vehicle passes required. Info: Turtle River State Park, (701) 594-4445.
• Dec. 18: 22nd annual Itasca State Park Winter Bird Count, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Itasca State Park. Meet between 7:30 and 8 a.m. in the Jacob V. Brower Visitor Center Lobby for assignment of count areas. Dress for the weather. Info: (218) 699-7251.
• Dec. 30: Candlelight ski/snowshoe hike, 5 to 8 p.m., Zippel Bay State Park on Lake of the Woods north of Williams, Minn. No cost, but a Minnesota State Parks vehicle permit ($7 daily, $35 annually) is required to enter the park. Info: (218) 647-8592.
• Dec. 1-3: St. Paul Ice Fishing and Winter Sports Show, St. Paul River Centre, 175 Kellogg Boulevard W., St. Paul. Show hours 1 to 8 p.m. Dec. 1, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Dec. 2 and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 3.
• Jan. 5-7: Fifth Annual North American Ice Fishing Circuit North Dakota State Qualifier, Lake Metigoshe near Bottineau, N.D. The tournament is set for 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 7, with weigh-in at 2 p.m. at the Bottineau Armory. Events preceding the tournament include a fishing seminar from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, Jan. 5 in the Bottineau Armory and a Kids' Ice Camp beginning at noon Saturday, Jan. 6 at Lake Metigoshe State Park. Info: Jack Baker, (612) 308-4858 or email@example.com.