HOW TO: Submit an event to the Red River Valley Calendar
GrandForksHerald.com is making some changes to our events calendar that will improve your experience of searching and posting events. Here’s how they look — and how you can use them to post your event:
• First click on + Add an Event
in the top right hand corner. This is the page you will be taken to.
• The location should be set to where you currently are but if you need to change this, simply click on the location and type in where you want it to be.
• Once you have the city, type in the name of the place where the event will be. Some locations will show in a drop down menu. If your location is not one of them. You can add it.
• Add the street address, city and zip code. This will save it for the next time you want to pick this place as the location. Phone number is not required.
• Next enter the date of the event and the name of the event. If you do not see the name of your event listed, you can add it.
• Now you will want to add some details to your event. How long the event is, if it is a recurring event, what the cost is, and a brief description so the attendees know what to expect.
• If you have a flyer for the event, photo, videos, or links that you want to share with invitees, we encourage you to add those as well.
• Be sure to include your contact information so people who are interested about the event can find out more information. Check to make sure everything you entered is correct. When you are satisfied with your entry, click NEXT.
• Click on the BASIC FREE Free package and then SUBMIT.
• You will see a preview of your event details. All events are reviewed within 1 hour.