To get an event in the calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148 or by email at email@example.com. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
• June 28: Public input meeting on proposed forest trails in Beltrami Island State Forest, 6 to 8 p.m., DNR Forestry Office, 804 Cherne Drive NW, Warroad, Minn. Presentation to begin at 6:30 p.m., followed by time for questions and answers, map review and comments. Info: (651) 259-5279, (218) 308-2372 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• June 24: Archery in the Park, 10 a.m. to noon, Zippel Bay State Park, Minn. Info: (218) 783-6252.
• June 24: Archery in the Park, 1 to 3 p.m., Lake Bronson State Park, Minn. Info: (218) 754-2200.
• June 28: Bog Flower Photography, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Lake Bemidji State Park. Professional photographer Janet Nelson will lead the session; ages 12 and up. Info: (218) 308-2300.
• July 1: Archery in the Park, 2 to 4 p.m., Big Bog State Recreation Area near Waskish, Minn. Info: (218) 647-8592.
• July 1-4: Most Patriotic Campsite competition, Sherlock Campground, Red River State Recreation Area, East Grand Forks. Info: Catherine Johnson, (218) 773-4950 or email@example.com.
• July 14-15: Halloween in July, Turtle River State Park, 3084 Park Ave., Arvilla, N.D. Event starts at 8 p.m. July 14 with campfire stories at the amphitheater. July 15, Dakota Explorers, "Masks and Disguises," is set for 10 a.m. in the Visitor Center Classroom. A 6:30 p.m. costume contest will be held at the amphitheater, and there'll be campground trick or treat and site judging at 8 p.m., followed by a 9:30 p.m. movie at the amphitheater. Info: (701) 594-4445 or parkrec.nd.gov/parks/trsp/trsp.html.
• Aug. 11-13: Minnesota Becoming an Outdoors Woman guided sturgeon fishing trip on the Rainy River. DNR staff will discuss sturgeon biology on Friday evening, Aug. 11, and Saturday, Aug. 12 and Sunday, Aug. 13 through noon will be spent fishing with mentors on the Rainy River. Fishing license required. Entry fee $205, and there's a limit of 12 participants; preference given to women new to sturgeon fishing or for women bringing new women to the program. Info: mndnr.gov/education/bow/index.html.
• June 23-24: 41st annual Devils Lake Chamber Walleye Tournament, Devils Lake. Grahams Island State Park will be tournament headquarters. Guaranteed prize of $6,500 for first place and more than $61,000 in total cash and prizes. Entry fee $250 per team. Info: Johnnie Candle, (701) 371-9431; Suzie Kenner, Devils Lake Chamber, (701) 662-4903; or check out the website at devilslakend.com and follow the links.
• June 24-25: Scheels Boundary Battle Catfish Tournament, Red River in Grand Forks and East Grand Forks. Entry fee $220 per two-person team. New for this year is a kids derby. Kids under 17 can sign up for free to be a third person in the boat (all tourney rules still apply). Each kid will receive a gift package and be entered into the kids derby. Info: boundarybattle.com.
• July 29-30: 30th annual Cats Incredible Catfish Tournament. LaFave Park below Cabela's in East Grand Forks is tournament headquarters. Entry fee $250 per two-person team. Info: catsincredibletournament.com.