To get an event in the calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148 or by email at email@example.com. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
• March 25: North Red River Chapter of the Minnesota Deer Hunters Association "Bucks and Bologna Blast," 5:30 p.m., Lancaster (Minn.) Community Center. Event will include trophy deer mounts, an antler display and trail camera photo display. In addition, there'll be a bologna competition, in which six local teams will make sausage for the evening meal and vie for the title of "Top Bologna Bunch." Anyone interested in bringing a buck shoulder mount for display should call Casey Faken, Lancaster, at (218) 843-1499. Other antlers, including shed antlers, European mounts, moose, elk or nontypical antlers also are encouraged, and everyone bringing antlers for display will be entered into a drawing for a rifle donated by the MDHA chapter. Games, raffles and a special youth drawing also are on tap. More info: Kelly Turgeon, North Red River MDHA chapter president, (218) 988-2567.
• March 25: The Red River Chapter of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation 27th Annual Big Game Banquet, Alerus Center Ballroom, Grand Forks. Doors open at 5 p.m., dinner at 7 p.m. Info: Paul Eslinger, (701) 202-0196.
• March 25: Lake Region Pheasants Forever banquet, Devils Lake Memorial Building, downtown Devils Lake. Social hour 5 p.m., with dinner at 6. Info/tickets: Tom Rost, (701) 662-8620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• May 5: Lake of the Woods chapter of the Ruffed Grouse Society 27th annual banquet, 5:30 p.m., Springsteel Resort north of Warroad, Minn. Ticket info TBA.
• March 23-26: Northwest Sportshow, Minneapolis Convention Center, 1301 Second Ave. S. Hours 1 to 9 p.m. March 23, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. March 24, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.. March 25 and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 26. Info: northwestsportshow.com.
• April 1-2: Minnesota State Archery Association State Indoor Tournament, Gillett Recreation Center on the campus of Bemidji State University, 1801 17th St. NE, Bemidji. Two lines at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. April 1 and 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. April 2. Info: email@example.com or Ed Turner, (218) 766-6492.
• April 7-8: Thief River Falls Archery Club 3D shoot, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days, Thief River Falls Curling Club on the Pennington County Fairgrounds. Indoor 3D shoot firing at full-size animal targets. Open to anyone. Championship round $15, and a fun round with no trophies is $10. Info: Mike Vertina, (218) 689-1613.
• April 22: Grand Forks Audubon field trip to view prairie chickens booming in Polk County. Group will leave Grand Forks about 4 a.m. to be in the blind by 5:15 a.m. Limited to 15 people on a first-come, first-served basis. Free and open to the public. Info: Matthew Spoor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• May 20: Fish "n" Fun, 10 a.m. to noon, Turtle River State Park, 3084 Park Ave., Arvilla, N.D. Kids' fishing derby plus sessions on learning to tie knots, bait hooks and cast. There'll also be a scavenger hunt and arts and crafts activities for the kids. Info: (701) 794-4445 or parkrec.nd.gov/parks/trsp/trsp.html.
• May 27: Taking Flight: Spotting Spring Birds, 8 to 10 a.m., Itasca State Park. Minn. Bring binoculars and bird field guide books. Park has a limited number of binoculars to lend. Info: (218) 699-7251 or by email at email@example.com.
N.D. Game and Fish Advisory Board
• March 27: District 1 (Divide, McKenzie and Williams counties), 7 p.m., Fairgrounds Archery Range, Williston. Info: Jason Leiseth, advisory board member, (701) 586-3714.
• March 27: District 2 (Bottineau, Burke, McHenry, Mountrail, Pierce, Renville and Ward counties), 7 p.m., Memorial Building, 224 Second Ave. S.E., Rugby, N.D. Info: Robert Gjellstad, advisory board member, (701) 338-2281.
• March 28: District 6 (Barnes, Dickey, Foster, Griggs, Logan, LaMoure, McIntosh, Stutsman and Wells counties), 7 p.m., Hakuna Matata Cafe and Convention Center, highways 13 and 281, Edgeley, N.D. Info: Joel Christoferson, advisory board member, (701) 973-4981.
• March 28: District 7 (Burleigh, Emmons, Grant, Kidder, McLean, Mercer, Morton, Oliver, Sheridan and Sioux counties), 7 p.m., Turtle Lake Wildlife Club, 695 15th Ave. N.W., Turtle Lake, N.D. Info: Dave Nehring, advisory board member, (701) 214-3184.
• April 3: District 3 (Benson, Cavalier, Eddy, Ramsey, Rolette and Towner counties), 7 p.m., Great American Inn., U.S. Highway 2 East, Devils Lake. Info: Tom Rost, advisory board member, (701) 350-1424.
• April 3: District 8 (Adams, Billings, Bowman, Dunn, Golden Valley, Hettinger, Slope and Stark counties), 7 p.m., Borderline Bar and Grill, 207 S. Main, Reeder, N.D. Info: Dwight Hecker, advisory board member, (701) 575-4952.
• April 4: District 4, (Grand Forks, Nelson, Pembina and Walsh counties), 7 p.m., Michigan (N.D.) Community Center. Rainbow Lodge of Whitman, N.D., is hosting the meeting. Info: Chris Anderson, (701) 304-0040; or Joe Solseng, advisory board member, (701) 317-5009.
• April 4: District 5 (Cass, Ransom, Richland, Sargent, Steele and Traill counties), 7 p.m., Community Center, 207 Lincoln St., Embden, N.D. Info: Duane Hanson, advisory board member, (701) 367-4249
• April 6, 13 and 20: Three-session Home Firearms Safety Class for women, 6:30 to 9 p.m., Grand Forks Scheels, 2800 S. Columbia Road. Class will be taught by Thomas Reiten, Bill Vasicek and Kevin Fire. The first two sessions will focus on the elements of gun safety, familiarization with the various types of firearms, safe gun handling procedures and the cleaning and storage of firearms in the home. Third night will cover North Dakota laws and regulations covering the carrying, transportation and use of firearms in self defense. At the end of the third session, students will have the option of taking the North Dakota Class II Concealed Carry Test. Course fee $35; space is limited so early registration is required. To register, call Reiten at (701) 739-1988.
• June 23-24: 41st annual Devils Lake Chamber Walleye Tournament, Devils Lake. Grahams Island State Park will be tournament headquarters. Guaranteed prize of $6,500 for first place and more than $61,000 in total cash and prizes. Entry fee $250 per team. Info: Johnnie Candle, (701) 371-9431; Suzie Kenner, Devils Lake Chamber, (701) 662-4903; or check out the website at devilslakend.com and follow the links.
• June 24-25: Scheels Boundary Battle Catfish tournament, Red River in Grand Forks and East Grand Forks. Entry fee $220 per two-person team. New for this year is a kids derby. Kids under 17 can sign up for free to be a third person in the boat (all tourney rules still apply). Each kid will receive a gift package and be entered into the kids derby. Info: boundarybattle.com.
• July 29-30: 30th annual Cats Incredible Catfish Tournament. LaFave Park below Cabela's in East Grand Forks is tournament headquarters. Entry fee $250 per two-person team. Info: catsincredibletournament.com.