To get an event in the calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148 or by email at email@example.com. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
• Jan. 14: Candlelight ski and snowshoe, 5 to 8 p.m., Zippel State Park, Minn.; meet at the residence just behind the park office. Info: (218) 783-6252.
• Jan. 14: Candlelight ski and snowshoe, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Hayes Lake State Park, Minn.; park at the beach parking lot. Info: (218) 425-7504.
• Jan. 21: Lake Region Sportsmen's Club annual coyote, fox and jackrabbit hunt. Registration from 6 to 8 a.m. at Cenex West, Devils Lake, with 6:30 p.m. check-in at Ty's Lodge, U.S. Highway 2 East, Devils Lake. Points awarded for coyotes, fox and jackrabbits; $10 per hunter. Info: Larry Weigel, (701) 351-4090.
• Jan. 27-29: Red River Valley Boat and Marine Products Show, Fargodome. Seminar speakers include Jason Mitchell of Devils Lake, host of the "Jason Mitchell Outdoors" TV show. Hours noon to 9 p.m. Jan. 27, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Jan. 28 and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Jan. 29. Admission $8 adults, $2.50 children age 6 to 12, free admission for age 5 and younger. Info: fargoboatshow.com.
• Jan. 28: Whitetails Unlimited Red River Valley Deer Camp banquet, East Grand Forks Eagles Club, 227 10th St. N.W. Social hour 5 p.m., roast beef dinner 6:30 p.m.; tickets $30 each. Info: John Eaton, (218) 464-7427; Buck Nordlof, (218) 434-0399; or online at whitetailsunlimited.com.
• Feb. 4: Fifth annual Anna Kozel Vintage Sled Show, Blue Moose, East Grand Forks. Info: Al Seydel, (701) 740-7552; Merlyn Werner, (218) 779-6161; or Kyle Kozel, (218) 779-8101.
• Feb. 4: Candlelight ski and snowshoe, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Hayes Lake State Park, Minn; depart from beach parking lot. Info: (218) 425-7504.
• Feb. 4: Lantern lit snowshoe and ski event, 5:30 to 8 p.m., Itasca State Park, Minn.; meet at the Jacob V. Brower Visitor Center. Info: (218) 699-7251 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Feb. 17-19: National Pheasant Fest and Quail Classic, Minneapolis Convention Center. Early bird registration package costs $195 and includes three-day admission, Friday night banquet, Saturday luncheon, Saturday banquet and access to all featured seminars. Info: pheasantsforever.org.
• Jan. 14: Fourth annual Wounded Warriors Guide Service ice fishing tournament, Woodland Resort, Devils Lake. Entry fee $150 per two-person team, covers entry fee, general raffle, meal and commemorative shirt. Rules meeting set for 7 p.m. Jan. 13 at Woodland Resort. Tickets can be purchased at Grand Forks Scheels, online at wwgnsmn.org or at Woodland Resort. Info: Dave Morse: email@example.com.
• Jan. 28: 33rd annual Devils Lake Volunteer Fire Department Ice Fishing Tournament, 1 to 3:30 p.m., Six-Mile Bay, Devils Lake. More than $275,000 in prizes. Tickets cost $25 and can be purchased by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to DL Fishing Tourney, Box 32, Devils Lake, ND 58301. More info: dlvfdicefishingtourney.com or by calling the Devils Lake Fire Department at (701) 662-4903.
• Jan. 28: Brainerd Jaycees $150,000 Ice Fishing Extravaganza, Gull Lake near Brainerd, Minn. Tickets: $50, available online at icefishing.org or by sending an entry form and payment by Jan. 15 to Brainerd Jaycees, Box 523, Brainerd, MN 56401.
• Feb. 4: Larimore Vets Club Fishing Tournament and Raffle, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Larimore Dam Recreation Area. Tournament tickets can be purchased at the Legion in Larimore, N.D. Money payback for the top 3 places in 5 categories: Perch, Northern, Walleye, Bass and Crappie. Prizes from the tournament and raffle will be awarded at 4 p.m. at the Larimore Vets Club. Free chili will be available for all participants; must be present to claim prizes.
• Feb. 11: 14th annual Ice Buster Daze Fishing Derby and Radar Run, Crookston. Eagles breakfast from 8 to 10 a.m. (free will offering), ice fishing from 1 to 4 p.m. on the Red Lake River at Central Park ($20 per hole, includes pork chop dinner); radar run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the Red Lake River ($20 for two runs, includes pork chop dinner); both fees offer chance at raffle prizes (need not be present to win). Info: Brian, (218) 281-7762; Ceason Bait and Tackle, (218) 281-6665; or Bobby, (218) 281-3132.
• Feb. 12: Lake Bronson Lions Club Ice Fishing Derby, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., Lake Bronson at Lake Bronson State Park, Minn. Register at the park's visitor center. Info: (218) 754-4911.