DO-IT-YOURSELF: Document your travels with this keepsake kit
If you like idea of scrapbooks but find them difficult to get around to, this travel keepsake kit may be the perfect project for you. It’s simple, aesthetically pleasing and it can double as a keepsake and as decor.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Craft paint (2 colors for box and words)
Clean, wooden box (in your size of choice or purchase from walnuthollow.com)
1. Mix two parts water with one part craft paint.
2. Paint one coat onto wooden box. Allow 20 to 30 minutes to dry.
3. Name your travel box and apply adhesive stencil stickers. Dab your second color of paint over stencils. Let paint dry for a few moments.
4. Remove stencils and rinse with water.
5. Fill keepsake box with mementos, plane ticket stubs, photos, whatever you’d like to mark your latest trip.