STAFF BLOG CITY STREET BEAT Grand Forks Council OKs fire requirement
Grand Forks City Council voted Monday to add a section to the city building code requiring builders to cover unfinished basement ceilings with drywall in new homes.
The covering is meant to serve as ... Posted on 12/3/13 at 12:15 PM
BEST FRIENDS ND Santa has arrived!
Santa arrived at the Prairie Hills Mall this past Saturday. If you missed him, don't worry! Santa and his elves will now be at the mall every Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
If you would like to volunte... Posted on 11/26/13 at 5:21 PM
GRAND FORKS COMMUNITY THEATRE: FROM THE WINGS Auditions! I hope you get it!
I hope I get it! I hope I get it! I really need this job!
Those might be familiar lyrics if you just saw A Chorus Line at UNDs Burtness Theatre (also playing this weekend). The musical revolves aroun... Posted on 11/19/13 at 1:31 PM
THE NEW FORTY Remembering #316...
Three years ago today a five alarm fire destroyed the Galleria Apartments in Fargo. My sons lived in that apartment building in apartment 316. They lost their pets and everything they owned. In total,... Posted on 10/11/13 at 5:21 AM
EH? PLUS Fire truck or bus?
Four Duluth elementary students earned rides to their schools in a fire truck after winning the Duluth Fire Departments fire-prevention safety contest.
Today a Laura MacArthur first-grader and a Pied... Posted on 10/9/13 at 11:00 PM
A fire that broke out Thursday in a Minot apartment complex that was under construction has caused an estimated $12 million in damage to two buildings. No one was injured in the fire at the Chateau Apartments, where buildings were being constructed to connect to an already occupied building.
A proposed change to Grand Forks’ building code seems to have pitted two unlikely groups against one another. Fire department leaders are against the change for safety reasons while local builders want it to be embraced for financial reasons.
Minor damage was reported from a fire Friday morning at Fosston Tri-Co-op Elevator in Fosston, Minn. The fire was reported at about 8:45 a.m., after workers smelled smoke and then someone saw smoke coming from the elevator, according to a report from the Polk County Sheriff’s Department.
A 47-year-old Jamestown man reportedly set himself on fire in McElroy Park at about 10:15 a.m. Thursday, according to Jamestown police Sgt. Justin Blinsky. The man’s name was withheld pending notification of family.
Firefighters from a number of communities battled a blaze here Tuesday morning that heavily damaged a grain elevator. The fire started around 6 a.m. and involved a number of structures related to the elevator, said Mike Ludvigson, who manages the Abercrombie Store in downtown Abercrombie.
Fire destroyed an unoccupied house here Friday morning, a statement released by the Wilkin County Sheriff’s Office said. According to the statement: The fire was reported about 8 a.m. by a passerby who saw smoke coming from the house.
View your ad here! Cost effective targeted advertising. Contextual advertising starting as low as $79/month. This includes targeted ad delivery and search results! Add your business to the Marketplace »