Many people have said that Monday’s massive five-alarm fire at the Galleria On 42nd apartment building in south Fargo was the largest they’d ever witnessed. Here’s a look other notable fires in Fargo-Moorhead’s history from the archives of The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead.
Damage to the building is covered by property insurance, said Dan Hollwegner, vice president of operations for Investment Management & Marketing of Minot. This includes money to help replace carpets, fixtures, and walls. But what was inside those walls – the tenants’ personal belongings – is covered under renters insurance, something many tenants didn’t have.
UPDATED 5:27 A.M. Apartment tenants began picking up the charred and soaked pieces of their lives Tuesday as fire investigators tried to pinpoint what sparked a Monday blaze that displaced 150 people from the Galleria On 42nd building in south Fargo.
The cause of the Regency Park fire is believed to be discarded smoking materials, according to a press release from the Bemidji Fire Department. While the fire at Regency Park was contained to the middle section of the complex, the 63-unit complex no longer meets building code because of damages.
A meeting is planned for 10 a.m. today at the Mount Zion Church, 414 Lincoln Ave. S.E. in Nymore, a neighborhood of Bemidji, for victims of the Regency Park Apartments fire that occurred Monday afternoon.
View your ad here! Cost effective targeted advertising. Contextual advertising starting as low as $79/month. This includes targeted ad delivery and search results! Add your business to the Marketplace »