Basic party food and beverage guidelines.Here are some basic party food and beverage guidelines.
By: Herald Staff Report, Grand Forks Herald
Here are some basic party food and beverage guidelines.
• 5 to 6 ounces of meat, poultry or seafood per person.
• 1 pound of pasta serves 4 to 6 people at a sit-down dinner and 8 to 10 people at a buffet.
• 1 handful of premixed salad per person.
• 10 to 12 appetizer items per person.
• 1 full portion of dessert per person. If cake is the only option, one cake will serve 10, but 15 can be served if you’re also offering pie.
• 1 gallon of coffee serves 20 cups.
• 1 fifth of vodka serves 25 drinks (one shot per drink).
• 1 liter of vodka serves 33 drinks (one shot per drink).