Ways to make this year's Thanksgiving one to rememberMake this year’s Thanksgiving one to remember by following these tips.
By: Herald Staff Report, Grand Forks Herald
Make this year’s Thanksgiving one to remember by following these tips:
• Don’t starve before the feast. It can result in overeating. Eat a cup of nonfat yogurt or a piece of fruit to avoid feeling ravenous.
• Map out your plate. Fill half with vegetables and split the other half between meats and starches.
• Don’t forget activity. Walking is a great way to burn calories, and if you do it together as a family, you can have a lovely chat.
• Divide and conquer those leftovers. Put them in plastic bags and containers and freeze individual portions of favorite dishes so Thanksgiving can be enjoyed in moderation for a long time.
• Send leftovers home with your guests. They will appreciate not cooking for a day, and you’ll appreciate not being tempted by leftover chorizo stuffing.