Roseau Scandinavian Festival coming June 15-16The 10th annual Scandinavian Festival in Roseau, Minn., will be June 15-16 with music, food and entertainment including a Maypole raising and a Swedish smorgasbord.
By: Herald Staff Report, Grand Forks Herald
The 10th annual Scandinavian Festival in Roseau, Minn., will be June 15-16 with music, food and entertainment including a Maypole raising and a Swedish smorgasbord.
Music by a group of young musicians from Sweden and Paul Wilson and Mary Abendroth, Scandinavian entertainers from Brainerd, Minn., will start the event at 7 p.m. June 15 at the Roseau School theater. Admission will be by freewill offering and Scandinavian treats and coffee will follow
The Cathy Erickson band will play at 9 p.m. June 15 at the Four Seasons Center. Here’s some of what’s planned for June 16.
• Roseau Lions Club pancakes with ligonberries breakfast, 7 to 10 a.m., Four Seasons Center
• Fresh lefse, served until 2 p.m., Four Seasons Center
• Crafters, artists, food vendors, face painting, balloon twisting, demonstrations, strolling musicians and games, all day, downtown near Roseau City Center
• Ramblin’ Fever, 11 a.m.; First United Lutheran Church musicians, 12:30 p.m., and Overtones, 2 p.m., Music Tent
• Maypole raising, 3:30 p.m., near the Roseau Library patio; Scandinavian storytelling and Scandinavian workshops at the library
• Scandinavian smorgasbord (Maggie’s Catering, Karlstad, Minn.), 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., Roseau City Center
• Evening entertainment with Bart and Ross Sutter, Bonnie Nordvall and Joe Olson, 7 p.m., Roseau High School. Admission: By button or $7
For more, go to www.city.roseau.mn.us/. Sponsors include the Roseau Convention and Visitors Bureau, Citizens State Bank, Border State Bank, Wikstrom Telephone Company, CenturyLink, LifeCare Medical Center, QC Techniques , Sjoberg’s Cable TV, Palmville Press and Publishing, Polaris Industries and a grant from the Northwest Minnesota Arts Council.