Fall Suppers & Bazaars
By: Herald Staff Reports, Grand Forks Herald
- Thursday, Thief River Falls: Trinity Lutheran Church, 324 Horace Ave. N., Thief River Falls, will serve a lutefisk and meatball supper from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday with a menu that includes drawn butter, potatoes, gravy, lefse, corn, coleslaw and pies. Adults, $14; students six to 13, $6; preschoolers, free.
- Saturday, rural Cavalier, N.D.: The Svold Community Hunter’s Breakfast will be from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Svold Community Hall eight miles west of Cavalier, N.D., on Highway 5 and three and a half miles north on the township road. Breakfast will be pancakes, sausage, hash browns, eggs, orange juice and coffee; adults, $7; ages 4 to 12, $4; 3 and younger, free. There also will be raffles, door prizes and a bake sale. Sponsors: Svold Community Hall Association, St. Peter’s Lutheran Church.
- Saturday, Grand Forks: Holy Family Catholic Church, 1018 18th Ave. S., will present its 51st annual Christmas Tea & Bazaar from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday. “The Spirit of Christmas” will feature lefse prepared on site, a raffle and bake sale, pie and coffee.
- Saturday, Grand Forks: Sharon Lutheran Church, 1720 S. 20th St., Grand Forks, will host its annual bazaar from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday with lefse, baked goods, doughnuts and crafts. A soup, sandwich and pie lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Grand Forks: Augustana Lutheran Church, 520 University Ave., Grand Forks will have a soup, sandwich and dessert luncheon from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday for $6. Crafts and baked goods also will be for sale.
- Saturday, Warren, Minn.: Zion Lutheran Church in Warren will have a fall bazaar and bake sale from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 5 featuring a homemade soup and pie luncheon, with baked goods (featuring fresh doughnuts and lefse) and a white elephant sale.
- Sunday, Fisher, Minn.: Trinity Lutheran Church of Fisher will have a harvest dinner from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday serving pork loin, mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing, squash, green beans, dessert and coffee. Adults, $10; children 12 and younger, $5.
- Sunday, Climax, Minn.: Sand Hill Lutheran Church will serve its 12th annual lutefisk and meatball dinner from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Nov. 6 at the Climax (Minn.) Community Center. The menu will be lutefisk, meatballs, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, cranberries, dinner rolls, desserts and coffee. Adults, $12; ages six to 12, $6; five and younger, free. Take-out dinners will be available. There also will be a bake sale and $1 changes available for a handmade quilt.
- Sunday, Gilby, N.D.: Gilby Presbyterian Church will serve a bean and potato feed from 5 to 7 p.m. Nov. 6. Admission: Freewill offering.
- Nov. 8, East Grand Forks: Mendenhall Presbyterian Church, 528 10th St. NW, East Grand Forks, will have a holiday bazaar starting at 10 a.m. Nov. 8 featuring lefse, baked goods, candy, jelly and jams, quilts, crafts, books and used items. Lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Adults, $8; children six and younger, $1.50.
- Nov. 13, Grand Forks: Zion United Methodist Church, 1001 S. 10th St., Grand Forks, will serve a turkey dinner from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 13. The menu will be turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, coleslaw, corn and apple dessert. Adults, $9; children younger than six, $4; take-outs will be available.
- Nov. 19, Sharon, N.D.: Trinity Lutheran Church of Sharon will have a kumla dinner from 5 to 7 p.. Nov. 19 with kumla, onions, side pork or ham, beverages and bars. Adults, $8; ages six to 12, $5; five and younger, free
Send fall supper announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to: Fall Suppers, Grand Forks Herald, Box 6008, Grand Forks N.D.