Recount sites include county seats in northwestern MinnesotaHere are the recount locations, supervisors and number of recount teams for northwestern Minnesota counties.
By: Staff Report, Grand Forks Herald
Election officials will gather today in county courthouses across Minnesota for the recount in the state’s gubernatorial race between Democrat Mark Dayton and Republican Tom Emmer.
The schedule shows the recount will begin in all counties at 9 a.m. It will be conducted by teams of officials supervised by a designated deputy recount official, in most cases the county auditor or auditor-treasurer.
Gerald Amiot, Polk County auditor-treasurer, said Polk County’s recount in the 2008 U.S. Senate race took three days, and he has scheduled three days for a gubernatorial recount.
The state canvassing board is to certify a winner by mid-December, but legal action by either side after the recount could delay a decision further.
The recount locations, supervisors and number of recount teams for northwestern Minnesota counties:
- Clearwater: Courthouse, 213 Main Ave. N., Bagley, County Auditor Allen Paulson, one team. (218) 694-6520.
- Kittson: Courthouse, 410 Fifth St. S., Hallock, County Auditor-Treasurer Marilyn Gustafson, one team. (218) 843-2655.
- Mahnomen: Courthouse, 311 N. Main St., Mahnomen, County Auditor Frank Thompson, one team. (218) 935-5669.
- Marshall: Courthouse, 208 E. Colvin Ave., Warren, County Auditor-Treasurer Scott Peters, one team. (218) 745-4851.
- Norman: Law Enforcement Center, 15 Second Ave. E., Ada, County Auditor-Treasurer Richard Munter, three teams. (218) 784-5471.
- Pennington: Courthouse, 101 Main Ave. N., Thief River Falls, County Auditor Kenneth Olson, one team. (218) 683-7000.
- Polk: Government Center, 612 N. Broadway, Crookston, County Auditor-Treasurer Gerald Amiot, two teams. (218) 281-2554.
- Red Lake: Courthouse, 124 Langevin Ave., Red Lake Falls, County Auditor-Treasurer Robert Schmitz, two teams. (218) 253-2598.
- Roseau: Government Center, 606 Fifth Ave. S.W., Roseau, County Auditor Martha Monsrud, two teams. (218) 463-1282.