Weekend’s events include Bikecicle, Community Skate, father-daughter dance
Is cabin fever driving you crazy this winter? This weekend, layer up and get out and about.
The Northern Star Cycling Club and END Racing are teaming up to put on "Bikecicle 2016," a fat bike race on about 15 miles of Greenway trails. The race also is planned to take bikers onto the Red River, depending on ice conditions Sunday, of course.
The headquarters for the race is Rhombus Guys Brewing Co., and organizers say the brewmaster is working on a special small batch for the bikers to enjoy after the race.
Registration and check-in begin at noon Sunday at Rhombus, with the race start time set for 1:30 p.m. You can register online at endracing.com through the end of the day today for $30; it goes up to $40 Sunday at Rhombus.
• What: Bikecicle.
• When: 1:30 p.m. Sunday. (Registration begins at noon.)
• Where: Rhombus Guys Brewing Co. and the Greenway.
• Cost: $30 online today; $40 at the event.
• Info: endracing.com/bikecicle.
Knight for a Princess
Young ladies (younger than 16) and their fathers (or grandfathers, uncles, etc.) are invited to attend the Grand Forks Park District's "Knight for a Princess," which includes a photo session, catered dinner and dancing. The attire is formal.
• What: "Knight for a Princess."
• When: 6 to 9 p.m. today, Saturday and Feb. 26-27.
• Where: Alerus Center.
• Cost: $60 per couple.
• Info: gfparks.org.
TEDxGrandForks is returning to the Empire Arts Center for its third year. This year's "Roots and Wings" theme brings 12 presenters (including three from Grand Forks) to the stage to talk about a wide range of topics.
• What: TEDxGrandForks.
• When: 12:30 p.m. Saturday. (Registration begins at 11 a.m.)
• Where: Empire Arts Center.
• Cost: $80.
• Info: tedxgrandforks.com.
Community Skate at The Ralph
The Ralph Engelstad Arena is hosting a community skate Sunday, featuring members of the UND Hockey Cheer Team. Attendees are encouraged to bring their cameras and park in the lots to the north of the arena.
• What: Community skate.
• When: 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Where: Ralph Engelstad Arena.
• Cost: Free.
• Info: theralph.com.
If you want to get out of town this weekend, head to Devils Lake for the annual ShiverFest, a weekendlong event featuring a youth ice fishing tournament, kite flying, curling, sleigh rides and more.
• What: ShiverFest.
• When: Events scheduled from 8 p.m. today until 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Where: Various locations in Devils Lake.
• Cost: Costs to participate in different events vary.
• Info: devilslakend.com.