THE LIST: 'Don't Touch Me There' Comedy Tour ... Midnight Special ... Big and Rich
‘Don’t Touch Me There’ Comedy Tour
- Friday at the Hub: Comedy duo Eric Puddin Lorentzen and Nigel Larson will perform at 8 p.m., with a possible encore performance at 10 p.m. They’re sure to light up the stage with chaos and complete hilarity. Cost: $4, 21 and older. Info: (701) 746-7443.
- Friday, Saturday at Ho Sports Bar: The Ho Sports Bar is hosting Midnight Special, a country and rock band, starting at 9:30 p.m. Cost: Free. Info: (701) 772-7000.
Pasley Ballet School Dance Recital
- Saturday at Chester Fritz: The Pasley Ballet School will perform hip-hop, tap, jazz, pointe and ballet numbers as part of its spring recital from 6 to 10 p.m. Additional dances include the Guy-Girl dance, an upbeat western number with plenty of tricks and flips, and the Can-Can number by junior and senior dancers. Cost: Free. Info: (701) 777-2117.
Big and Rich
- Sunday at Shooting Star: Big and Rich, along with special guest Cowboy Troy, will perform at 6 p.m. at the Shooting Star Casino in Mahnomen, Minn. The duo is known for songs like “Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy),” “Eighth of November” and “Lost in this Moment.” Cost: $40. Info: (800) 313-7469, www.starcasino.com.
- Thursday at ‘l Bistro: Sneaky Wild Oats will perform Thursday at ‘l Bistro as part of an ongoing Jazz series on Thursdays from 7 to 10 p.m. Additional shows: Peat Moss May 29. Info: (701) 792-1960.
- Thursday at Fire Hall Theatre: Writers in the Warrior Words writing project for veterans will read from work produced in workshops throughout North Dakota. Cost: Free. Info: (701) 777-4090.
Shawn O’Connor Exhibit
- Through May 23 at Myers Art Gallery: UND artist-in-residence Shawn O’Connor will show his utilitarian ceramic artwork made during his residence at the UND Myers Art Gallery. Info: shawnoconnorceramics.com.
‘Art of Man’ Exhibit
- Through May 24 at Campbell Library: The East Grand Forks Campbell Library has opened its spring exhibit, “Art of Man,” featuring local artists in various media. Cost: Free. Info: (218) 773-9121.
‘Selected Works by Honoré Daumier’ Exhibit
- Through May 24 at Empire: The UND Art Collections Gallery is holding a French exhibition at the Empire Arts Center featuring works by Honoré Daumier, an important French artist who specialized in lithography. His satirical art often addressed political and social issues of the day. The pieces are displayed with lithographs by regional artists Samuel Schultz and Joel Jonientz, to whom the exhibition is dedicated. Cost: Free. Info: (701) 777-5529.
Mollie Douthit Exhibit
- Through May 31 at Third Street Gallery: Pieces by Grand Forks native Mollie Douthit are currently on display as part of an exhibit at the Third Street Gallery, 310 Kittson Ave., Grand Forks. She has been featured in the 2013 MFA edition of New American Paintings, the Museum of Fine Arts, the Royal Dublin Society Student Art Awards exhibition and more. Cost: Free. Info: (701) 757-3333.
Mini Art Exhibit
- Through June 4 at Crookston Public Library: The Northwest Regional Arts Council is holding a mini art exhibit that will travel to several regional libraries throughout the summer and fall. The exhibit includes original paintings, photography, drawings, pottery and more. The exhibit starts at the Crookston Public Library, 110 N. Ash St., through June 4 before moving on. Additional showings: Climax (Minn.) Public Library, 104 W. Broadway June 5-26, Hallock (Minn.) Public Library June 26-July 25. Cost: Free. Info: (218) 745-9111.