BOOK NOTES: 'Ice Cream Social: The Struggle for the Soul of Ben & Jerry’s' ... 'Memoirs of A Recovering Teacher'
1 / 2
2 / 2
Grand Forks Public Library
- “Jack the Ripper: The Forgotten Victims” by Paul Begg and John Bennett. An anthology of the women not normally counted amongst Jack the Ripper’s five official victims, and their stories.
East Grand Forks Campbell Library
- “Memoirs of A Recovering Teacher” by David Peterson consists of about one hundred stories based on the author’s own actions and observations of others during his thirty-eight year teaching career.
- “The Apollo 13 Mission: Core Events of A Crisis in Space” by Kassandra Radomski. Find out what happened when an explosion on a spacecraft left three U.S. astronauts stranded in space 200,000 miles from Earth with a limited supply of food, water and oxygen.
- “Rey Mysterio: High-Flying Luchador” by Lucia Raatma gives the reader the full details about Rey Mysterio. He may be small compared to other wrestlers, but Rey Mysterio has made a big impact in the world of pro wrestling.
- “The Lost Worlds of Ancient America” edited by Frank Joseph comprises real accounts of remnants of ancient cultures found in America, from an eastern Mediterranean pendant to a stone emblazoned with a second century Hebrew inscription.