Summer fare: Cavalier to host motorcycle ride in
Motorcycles are starting to rumble in Cavalier, N.D., in preparation for the city’s 18th annual Cavalier Motorcycle Ride In. While the focus is on motorcyclists and their bikes, there’s something for everyone.
Events kick off on Friday with the scavenger hunt fun run and continue throughout the weekend. There will be a street dance from 8 p.m. to midnight featuring Porkchop on Friday and The SNS Band on Saturday, both big name bands out of the Twin Cities.
The ride in will also feature a free fun day for kids, motorcycle burnouts, vendors, a pancake breakfast and more. For more details and a full schedule go to www.cavaliermotorcycleridein.com.
- Peony Show/Spring Garden Tour: Join the Myra Museum, 2405 Belmont Road, Grand Forks, for a peony and garden display from 4 to 9 p.m. Wednesday. Info: (218) 779-5131.
- Movie in the Park: Enjoy movies under the stars throughout the summer at various Grand Forks parks. Bring your lawn chairs or blankets to enjoy family-friendly classics, action, adventure and new releases. The first film will be “Dolphin Tale” starting at sundown Wednesday at University Park. Additional shows: “Frozen” June 25 at University Park, “Nut Job” July 15 at Riverside Park. Cost: Free. Info: (701) 746-2750.
- Music Under the Pines: Itasca State Park is holding an outdoor concert with Tim Eggebraaten from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday outside Douglas Lodge. Guests are asked to bring a blanket or lawn chair. There will be another Music Under the Pines from 7 to 8 p.m. Saturday near the Lakeside Museum with the Park Rapids Community Band. For more events at Itasca State Park, including Archery in the Park and more Music Under the Pines, go to bit.ly/SC3pp6. Info: (218) 699-7259.
- Rhubarb Festival: Join University Lutheran Church, 2122 University Ave., Grand Forks, for its annual Rhubarb Festival from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. The festival includes an all-rhubarb bake sale, luncheon, rhubarb milk shakes and a large assortment of rhubarb desserts. Cost: $7 luncheon, $3 coffee. Info: (701) 775-4745.
- Mayville-Portland Summerfest: The Mayville Portland Lions Club is sponsoring the annual Summerfest June 19 to 22. Events include reunions of local high school classes, a kid and pet parade, a 5K run/walk, music, barn dancing, barrel racing and more. Schedule: bit.ly/SkLD9F. Info: (701) 430-3180.
- Scandinavian Festival: Roseau, Minn., is hosting its 12th annual Scandinavian Festival June 20 to 21. Events kick off Friday night with the Wilcox Family Fiddlers at 7 p.m. at the Roseau School Theater and continue throughout the day on Saturday. The festival includes a pancake breakfast, fresh lefse, book signings, music, artists and craft booths and demonstrations and more. For more details and a full schedule go to bit.ly/1xjD1AA. Info: (218) 689-5340.
- Chainmaille Jewelry Demonstration: Edie Ramstad of Weave Got Maille will give a talk and demonstration on chainmaille jewelry and her business at 11 a.m. June 21 at the East Grand Forks Campbell Library. Info: (218) 779-2514.
- Binford Bull Ride: Join Binford, N.D., for a Professional Bull Riding event at 6:30 p.m. June 21 at the Binford Rodeo Grounds. The only sanctioned Professional Bull Riding event outside of Bismarck, these are the same bull seen on national TV. Cost: $15 adults, $7 children advance tickets, $20 adults, $10 children at the door, preschool free. Info: www.binfordpdr.com, (701) 676-2024.
- Summer Arts Safari: The Empire Arts Center is holding a week-long theater camp with the theme “The Wizard of Oz” for children ages 8 to 15 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 23 to 27. Contact the Empire to register. Cost: $30. Info: (701) 746-5500.
- Summer Art Camps: The North Dakota Museum of Art is holding weekly art camps throughout the summer. All classes take place at the Hughes Fine Arts Building from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., and no art experience is necessary. The first camp will be for children ages 6 to 13 June 23 to 27 with Mollie Douthit, titled “Make Your Mark.” Register: (701) 777-4195. Cost: $150 members, $175 non-members, scholarships available. Info: www.ndmoa.com/summer-art-camp.