OUTDOORS CALENDAR: Minnesota Circuit Shoot 200 Target Sporting Clays Shoot
To get an event in the calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 1148; or by email at email@example.com. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
- June 11: North Dakota Class II Concealed Weapon Permit instruction and testing, 6 p.m., Masonic Center Lower Level, 423 Bruce Ave., Grand Forks; 7:30 p.m., Utah instruction and certification. Info: dakotacwp.com.
- June 28: Minnesota Circuit Shoot 200 Target Sporting Clays Shoot, 9 a.m., Northwest Sporting Clays range, Thief River Falls. Info: Joe, (218) 689-9757 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 29: North Dakota Class II Permit to Carry testing, 8:30 a.m., Aaltos Cafe, Canad Inns, Grand Forks. Info: Bill Collison, (701) 740-8674; permittocarry.org.
- June 29: Minnesota, Utah, Florida and Arizona Permit to Carry training, 10 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela’s. Info: Laura, (218) 252-1631; www.permittocarry.org.
- Today: Hooked on Fishing, 1 to 4 p.m., Ryan Pond in King’s Walk Golf Course, Grand Forks. Participants will fish for trout and learn the basics of lures, casting, cleaning, regulations and more. Hosted by the Grand Forks Park District and sponsored by the Grand Forks County Wildlife Federation. Program is free. Info: gfparks.org.
- Wednesday: Red River Valley Catfish Club will have its first league night, 6 to 9 p.m., Whopper John Boat Landing (north ramp), Grand Forks. Info: Rob, (218) 791-3762 or catfishleague.com.
- May 31: Sixth annual Minnesota Fishing Challenge, Gull Lake near Brainerd, Minn. Info: mntc.org/fishingchallenge or (218) 833-8777.
- June 27-28: 38th annual Devils Lake Chamber Fishing Tournament, Devils Lake. Top team will win $5,000, and daily prizes also are awarded for largest walleye ($500), pike ($250), perch ($100) and white bass ($100). Info: devilslakend.com or (701) 662-4903.
- May 25 through July 13: Bog-watcher Sundays, 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Lake Bemidji State Park. Naturalist will be roving the boardwalk to help visitors locate flowers of the bog. Info: (218) 308-2300.
- May 30 through June 1: Theodore Roosevelt Nature and History Association 60th annual bird walk, South Unit of Theodore Roosevelt National Park near Medora, N.D. Info: (701) 623-4884 or email@example.com.
- June 1 through Aug. 30: Kids Fishing Fridays, 8 to 11:30 a.m., Lake Bemidji State Park. Weekly guided fishing trip offered every other Friday; limited to nine anglers. Info/signup: (218) 308-2300.
- June 5: “Wolves of Red Lake,” 7 to 8:30 p.m., Big Bog State Park, Waskish, Minn. Jay Huseby, wildlife director of the Red Lake tribal DNR, will discuss the status of wolves on tribal lands, including recent research projects. Info: (218) 647-8592.
- June 7: Farm tour, 3 p.m., Big Bog State Park, Waskish, Minn. Tour of a beef and wild rice farm and a discussion of the various conservation practices the landowner has implemented. Info: (218) 647-8592.
- June 11-15: Potholes and Prairie Birding Festival, Carrington, N.D. Festival highlights include field trips to Arrowwood and Chase Lake national wildlife refuges. Info: birdingdrives.com.
- June 21: Antique and vintage snowmobile tour, 3 to 4:30 p.m., Big Bog State Park, Waskish, Minn. Visit to the home of a nearby snowmobile enthusiast who will display his collection of nearly 40 antique and vintage snowmobiles. Info: (218) 647-8592.
- June 21: Becoming an Outdoors Woman Fly-Fishing Workshop, 9 a.m. to noon, Lake Bemidji State Park. No fee, but state park vehicle permit required. Register at dnr.state.mn.us/education_safety/education/bow/beyondbowregistration. Info: (218) 308-2300.
- June 28: “Bog Flowers on the Boardwalk,” 10 a.m. to noon, Big Bog State Park North Unit near Waskish, Minn. Two-mile guided tour of boardwalk to view rare bog plants and flowers. Info: (218) 647-8592.
- June 28: Archery in the Park, 1 to 4 p.m., Lake Bronson State Park, Minn. Info: (218) 754-2200.
- June 29: Archery in the Park, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Hayes Lake State Park, Minn. Info: (218) 425-7504.
Dates to remember
- June 4: Deadline to apply for North Dakota deer gun and muzzleloader licenses; gf.nd.gov.
- June 7: Minnesota muskie opener.
- June 7-8: North Dakota free fishing days; gf.nd.gov.
- June 14: Free admission to all Minnesota state parks.
To see a full outdoors calendar with more extensive listings, go to gfherald.com and click the Outdoors link.