OUTDOORS CALENDAR: Grand Forks Audubon Club
To get an event in the calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
• Wednesday: North Dakota Class II Concealed Weapon Permit instruction and testing, 6 p.m., Masonic Center Lower Level, 423 Bruce Ave., Grand Forks; 7:30 p.m., Utah instruction and certification. Info: dakotacwp.com.
• Sept. 15: 31st annual black powder turkey shoot, 2 p.m., Olga, N.D. Muzzleloading rifles with open sights only, and event goes on rain or shine at the south edge of town. Proceeds benefit the preservation of the Olga church. Info: Art, (701) 549-3648.
• Oct. 9: North Dakota Class II Concealed Weapon Permit instruction and testing, 6 p.m., Masonic Center Lower Level, 423 Bruce Ave., Grand Forks; 7:30 p.m., Utah instruction and certification. Info: dakotacwp.com.
• Nov. 13: North Dakota Class II Concealed Weapon Permit instruction and testing, 6 p.m., Masonic Center Lower Level, 423 Bruce Ave., Grand Forks; 7:30 p.m., Utah instruction and certification. Info: dakotacwp.com.
• Tuesday: Grand Forks Audubon Club, 7 p.m., UND Memorial Union Room 204. Topics: Clean Water, Wildlife and Parks amendment kickoff and signatures drive; speakers are Marshall Johnson, North Dakota Audubon, and Lisa Irby of Ducks Unlimited.
• Saturday: Historic Tour of "Paul's Foot Print" (Lake Bemidji), 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Lake Bemidji State Park. Historical boat tour limited to 25 passengers. Info/signup: (218) 308-2300 or John.Fylpaa@state.mn.us.
• Sept. 21: "Campfire Cookout," 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Zippel Bay State Park, Minn. Children younger than 12 must be accompanied by an adult; $4 fee. Info: (218) 783-6252 or send email to email@example.com.
• Sept. 22: Explore the Mississippi River, 10 a.m. to noon, Lake Bemidji State Park. Info: (218) 308-2300 or send email to John.Fylpaa@state.mn.us.
n Sept. 28: Big Bog Solar Light Boardwalk Hike, 7:30 to 9 p.m., Big Bog State Park near Waskish, Minn. Explore the fully accessible boardwalk into the heart of the Red Lake Bpog under the night sky. Info: (218) 647-8592.
• Oct. 11-13: 18th Annual Accessible Deer Hunt for people with disabilities, Rydell National Wildlife Refuge near Erskine, Minn.; several openings remain. Info/applications: Randy Sorenson, Options Interstate Center for Independent Living, (800) 726-3692.
• Sept. 19: Grand Forks Chapter of Ducks Unlimited banquet, Ramada Inn, Grand Forks; doors open at 5:30 p.m. Tickets available through NDDucks.org, Mike Elsberry at (701) 340-4445 or Greg Bahma at (218) 791-6449.
• Sept. 19-21: Cabela's National Walleye Tour Tournament, Devils Lake; Grahams Island State Park is tournament headquarters. Info: nationalwalleyetour.com.
• Oct. 4-5: 2013 North Star Fall Walleye Classic, Minnesota side of Lake of the Woods. Entry fee $450 per team, mandatory rules meeting at 7 p.m. Oct. 3 at Wigwam Resort, which is tournament headquarters. Info: Kevin Olmstead, (218) 634-945; Wigwam Resort, (218) 634-2168; or www.wigwamresortlow.com.
N.d. fall seasons/important dates
• Saturday: Youth waterfowl day.
• Saturday: Partridge, grouse, squirrel seasons open.
• Saturday: Sandhill crane season opens.
• Sept. 20: Youth deer season opens.
• Sept. 21: Early resident waterfowl season opens.
• Sept. 28: Regular waterfowl seasons opens.
• Oct. 5-6: Becoming an Outdoors Woman waterfowl hunt, Bismarck, $20. Participants must provide their own lodging. Info: Nancy Boldt, N.D. Game and Fish Department, (701) 328-6300.
• Oct. 5: Youth pheasant season opens.
• Oct. 12: Regular pheasant, fall turkey seasons open.
• Oct. 26: Mink, muskrat, weasel trapping seasons open.
• Nov. 8: Deer gun season opens.
• Nov. 29: Deer muzzleloader season opens.
• Dec. 1: Darkhouse spearfishing opens.
Minnesota fall seasons/important dates
• Saturday: Small game opener for ruffed grouse, sharptails, spruce grouse, Hungarian partridge, rabbits and squirrels.
• Saturday: Archery deer opener.
• Sept. 15: Sandhill crane season (Northwest Zone).
• Sept. 21-22: Take-a-Kid Hunting Weekend.
• Sept. 21: Waterfowl opener.
• Sept. 28: Minnesota prairie chicken season opens.
• Sept. 28: Fall turkey season opens.
• Oct. 12: Pheasant opener.
• Oct. 17-20: Special youth deer season.
• Nov. 9: Firearms deer opener.
• Nov. 9: Early wolf season opener.
• Nov. 30: Muzzleloader deer opener.
• Nov. 30: Late season wolf hunting, trapping openers.
To see a full outdoors calendar with more extensive listings, go to www.GrandForksHerald.com and click the Outdoors link.