OUTDOORS CALENDAR: Fishing, hunting, events for the week of June 15
- Sundays through July 13: Bog-watcher Sundays, 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Lake Bemidji State Park. Naturalist will be roving the boardwalk to help visitors locate flowers of the bog. Info: (218) 308-2300.
- June 28: “Bog Flowers on the Boardwalk,” 10 a.m. to noon, Big Bog State Park North Unit near Waskish, Minn. Two-mile guided tour of boardwalk to view rare bog plants and flowers. Info: (218) 647-8592.
- June 28: Archery in the Park, 1 to 4 p.m., Lake Bronson State Park, Minn. Info: (218) 754-2200.
- June 28-29: Fort Stevenson Frontier Military Days, 1 to 4 p.m., Fort Stevenson State Park, N.D. Living history demonstrations with military encampment and maneuvers. Skills and crafts of the Indian Wars period on display. Visit the Fort Stevenson Guardhouse Interpretive Center; (701) 337-5576.
- June 29: Visitor Appreciation Day, free admission to Fort Stevenson State Park; (701) 337-5576.
- June 29: Archery in the Park, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Hayes Lake State Park, Minn. Info: (218) 425-7504.
- July 19-20: 50th Anniversary Visitor Appreciation, Icelandic State Park, N.D. Info: (701) 265-4561 or email@example.com.
- Today: 50/50/50 sporting clays shoot, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Dakota Hunting Club Sporting Clays Range southwest of Grand Forks. Info: Mike Elgin, (701) 772-8789.
- June 28: Minnesota Circuit Shoot 200 Target Sporting Clays Shoot, 9 a.m., Northwest Sporting Clays range, Thief River Falls. Info: Joe, (218) 689-9757 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 29: North Dakota Class II Permit to Carry testing, 8:30 a.m., Aaltos Cafe, Canad Inns, Grand Forks. Info: Bill Collison, (701) 740-8674; permittocarry.org.
- June 29: Minnesota, Utah, Florida and Arizona Permit to Carry training, 10 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela’s. Info: Laura, (218) 252-1631; www.permittocarry.org.
- July 20: North Dakota Class II Permit to Carry testing, 8:30 a.m., Aaltos Cafe, Canad Inns, Grand Forks. Info: Bill Collison, (701) 740-8674; permittocarry.org.
- July 20: Minnesota, Utah, Florida and Arizona Permit to Carry training, 10 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela’s. Info: Laura, (218) 252-1631; www.permittocarry.org.
- Saturday: North Star Summer Walleye Classic, Minnesota side of Lake of the Woods and Rainy River upstream to Franz Jevne State Park. Entry fee $200 per two-person team. Mandatory rules meeting at 7 p.m. Friday, and at least one team member must attend. Info: Kevin Olmstead, (218) 634-9457 or Wigwam Resort, (218) 634-2168 or wigwamresortlow.com.
- June 27-28: 38th annual Devils Lake Chamber Fishing Tournament, Devils Lake. Top team will win $5,000, and daily prizes also are awarded for largest walleye ($500), pike ($250), perch ($100) and white bass ($100). Info: devilslakend.com or (701) 662-4903.
- July 18-19: North Dakota Governor’s Cup Fishing Derby, Fort Stevenson State Park, N.D.; 252 teams competing for the Governor’s Cup 38th annual championship. Flights go out between 7 a.m. and 8:30 a.m., with weigh-ins at 3 p.m. Info: (701) 337-5576.
- July 19: North Dakota Junior Governor’s Cup Fishing Derby, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Fort Stevenson State Park, N.D. Open to anglers up to 17, and only charge is the park entrance fee; (701) 337-5576.
To get an event in the calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 1148; or by email at email@example.com. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.