Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

UND President Kelley ‘disturbed’ by alleged assault near campus

Advertisement

Dog dies in north Fargo garage fire

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
News Grand Forks,North Dakota 58203 http://www.grandforksherald.com/sites/all/themes/grandforksherald_theme/images/social_default_image.png
Grand Forks Herald
(701) 780-1123 customer support
Dog dies in north Fargo garage fire
Grand Forks North Dakota 375 2nd Ave. N. 58203

FARGO – A dog died early Sunday in a blaze that destroyed a detached double garage on the north side, according to the Fargo Fire Department.

Advertisement
Advertisement

 Investigators determined the fire was started by a heat lamp used to keep the dog and two cats warm. The cats escaped unharmed, fire officials said.

Fire crews were sent to 1017 First St. N. about 1:40 a.m., and they extinguished the flames engulfing the garage. Aside from the dog that perished, no injuries were reported, fire officials said.

 The fire department recommends securing heating devices so they can’t be tipped over and keeping them at least three feet from combustible material. 

Advertisement
Forum News Service
The Forum Communications News Service is the premier news wire service covering the Upper Midwest, stretching from the oilfields of western North Dakota to the plains of South Dakota and to the shores of eastern Minnesota. For more information about the services we offer or to discuss content subscriptions, please contact us.
Advertisement
Advertisement