DO-IT-YOURSELF: Organize your frames with this easy display
The season for sunglasses is (nearly) here, so organize your frames with this easy DIY storage idea.
You can upcycle a vintage-looking frame or purchase one on the cheap. Note: Frame size and the number of elastic bands depends on how many shades you need to store.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Upcycled frame
- Thick elastic bands (sewing store)
- Staple gun
- Tape measure
- Marker or pencil
Before you start: Gage how many rows you’d like according to number of frames. Measure so they’re an even distance apart. On back of frame, draw a line on both sides of frame as a guide for where you’ll place the elastic.
1. Place elastic band on back of frame according to your drawn lines, and secure on one side with staple gun. (About 2 to 3 staples.)
2. Pull elastic across frame — just tight enough, so it’s secure and glasses won’t sink. Staple.
3. Repeat steps for each row of elastic.
4. Hang frame securely on wall, add your glasses and you’re all set for spring!