DO-IT-YOURSELF: Make glittery heart blocks for a Valentine’s gift
I’m a practical girl whose favorite gifts are lovey and functional, so it was tough to find a DIY gift that I would like, until I came across these glittery heart blocks.
I was completely charmed. They’re easy to make, they work as a gift for females of all ages as a cute piece for her workspace or a decorative element on her dresser.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 4 wooden blocks (1.5-by-1.5 inches or bigger)
- Glitter (six colors)
- Craft paint
- Paint brushes
- Mod Podge
- Construction or cardboard paper
1. Draw a heart on a piece of construction or cardboard paper, cut.
2. Paint blocks gold (white or silver will help make the colors pop.) Let dry for 30 minutes to one hour.
3. Line up blocks in a perfect square. Center heart cut-out on top, lightly trace onto wood with a pencil.
4. Apply Mod Podge within your tracing on each block. Cover in one color of glitter and shake off excess. Let it dry for 15 to 20 minutes. Apply another layer of Mod Podge to seal glitter. Let dry completely.
5. Repeat steps five more times (for a total of six hearts). For each heart design, flip blocks to a blank side, align, trace, Mod Podge and so on.
6. Once completely dry, package with a note, and this gift can work for any woman in your life.
Lavine is Accent Editor. Call her at (701) 780-1265, (800) 477-6572 ext. 1265 or send email to email@example.com.