DO-IT-YOURSELF: Craft a bro-quet for Valentine’s Day
Men can sometimes be the most difficult to shop for, especially for special occasions like Valentine’s Day. This man bouquet, or bro-quet recipe is easy, cute and you can fill it with practical items he can use.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Metal pail, basket or pot
Styrofoam ball (buy size to fit your pail/pot)
Wooden dowels or kabob sticks (number depends on gift items)
Green and Valentine’s themed gift paper
Assorted gifts based on the man: Dri-fit T-shirt, boxer briefs, candy bars, small bottle of his favorite drink, necktie, travel bottle of his aftershave, etc.
1. Place dowels into your basket/pot/pail to see if they’re the right height. Trim down to various heights to achieve “flower” look.
2. Next step depends on gifts. Clothing item: Tightly curl it around wooden dowel and tape securely. Small plastic bottle: Place dowel behind item and fasten together with tape. (Tip: Tape about halfway down bottle to ensure it is secure and tape is less visible.) Follow these steps with candy bars.
3. Place Styrofoam ball in pot/pail/basket.
4. Ensure all items are securely taped and not overly heavy. Insert each into Styrofoam ball, taking care items are facing the same direction.
5. Optional: Wrap wooden dowels in green gift paper and tape. (This reinforces the “bouquet” theme.)
6. Cover Styrofoam with Valentine’s Day gift paper. Feel free to tape a sweet note onto a wooden dowel and place it in the bouquet, or lay it in pot/pail/basket.
Sources: thedatingdivas.com, littleladyvstheworld.blogspot.com, www.trusper.com