Crookston carbon monoxide victim improving
The medical condition of a Crookston woman who suffered an apparent carbon monoxide poisoning has been downgraded from to critical to serious.
Aryanna Ostgaard, 22, Crookston, was found unresponsive in her Crookston home early Monday morning. Her parents were found dead in the home, due to the likely carbon monoxide poisoning.
Family members said Ostgaard is now responsive and breathing on her own. Larry Paulson, Ostgaard’s uncle says her condition is promising.
Ostgaard was moved from Mayo Clinic in Rochester to another medical facility Wednesday morning.
It was Ostgaard’s youngest sister, Gabi, 17, who found her and their parents, Natalie Ostgaard, 51, and Kent Ostgaard, 48, at their home Monday and called 911.
Family members arrived back in Crookston Wednesday morning to pick up Kent and Natalie’s middle daughter, Cyrina, from the University of Minnesota-Duluth where she is a student.
Bremer Bank in Crookston started a benefit account for the Ostgaard children. A memorial service will be held for Kent and Natalie Ostgaard on Saturday at 2 p.m. at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church. Visitation will start at noon.